PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Not able to install ubuntu 10.10 on laptop through wubi

priyamvaidya
November 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
hello

I have recently downloded the desktop version of ubntu 10.10 (.iso file). When i tried to install it on my acer laptop (model # 5735) and model 4625 which has windows vista home premium preinstalled. Also i have a dektop pc whcih is running windows xp sp3.

after i burn the iso on cd, i tried to test ubuntu from cd. hence i tried doing this with laptop. i was not able to test ubuntu with cd on laptop. hence i tried it with the running ubuntu from cd on my second acer laptop. but this failed too.
i also tried installing ubuntu through wubi on windows vista on laptop, but this also failed.

after all this, i tried running ubuntu from cd on xp. it was a success. hence i installed ubuntu inside windows xp through wubi.

now the question is why ubuntu 10 does not installed on two vista laptops and installed on windows xp.

i also have ubuntu 9.04cd. i was able to run this from cd on vista laptop.

i posted question on launchpad and they asked me to perform certain tests[check md5 and cd integrity check]. i did all that but i dont have success in installing ubuntu 10.10 through wubi on vista laptop. and they have not given me any answer now.

it would be great if somebody could help in solving this issue.

priyamvaidya
November 3rd, 2010, 05:23 PM
the problem solved after i downloded amd64bit iso and installed ubuntu inside windows vista using wubi