PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation CD - Error 1000/2000 Reading Sector Error

mishutosh
November 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
Hello there. I'm kind of new to Ubuntu... well Linux in general so please forgive my noobyness (if thats a word...)

Well today I just burned the ISO file onto a CD-R using Windows 7, I made sure it was working and booted correctly on my main computer. The reason I did this is because I'm trying to format my computer which had a virus, since I'm lacking a Windows Master CD, I thought of using a bootable Ubuntu CD to delete my partition and have a fresh Linux OS installed.

When I tried this (I made sure the BIOS booted from CD drive) the boot seems to work fine. A purple screen with a battery figure and a '=' sign and a little man is shown, something like this:

[---][-] = (-.-)

You get the picture, right? Well anyways, after a few minutes some errors pop up in the top left hand corner consisting of "Error 1000 Reading Sector error (xxxx)"

The xxxx's standing for various numbers since the string of errors continue with a new number, then another error comes along "Error 2000 Reading Sector error (xxxx)"

It keeps repeating this until the screen goes black and does nothing, thus requiring a hard reboot and still does the same error.

I'm sorry if this is a noob question with a easy fix, but I tried searching the archives and google to no avail with this problem. I hope you can help. Thanks.

EDIT: I can give more info by writing down all the errors appearing if nessassary.

Balskin
January 9th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I have exactly the same problem. If you found a solution, thank you to let me know !!?

oldos2er
January 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Closed. Please start a new thread for your question.