PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Do I Boot Ubuntu From Grub2 Or Whatever Is Called

dude.WTF
November 1st, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hello Im New Here And Im A Total Noob At This But Every Time I Try Too Boot Ubuntu, Instead Of Starting Up It Takes Me To This Menu Type Thing And It Says To Press Tab To See The Command List Or Something Like That. And I Dont Know What Commands To Use.
So Please Help Me I Really Want To Use Ubuntu.

mikewhatever
November 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hello Im New Here And Im A Total Noob At This But Every Time I Try Too Boot Ubuntu, Instead Of Starting Up It Takes Me To This Menu Type Thing And It Says To Press Tab To See The Command List Or Something Like That. And I Dont Know What Commands To Use.
So Please Help Me I Really Want To Use Ubuntu.

I don't understand. Do you want help or do you want people getting annoyed with your posts?

dude.WTF
November 1st, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yes I Need Help

wilee-nilee
November 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM
Run the bootscript in my signature and post the text from the generated file. Post in code tags by clicking on the # icon in the reply window this will generate [ code] [ /code] put the text between.

+1 0n post 5 those are great threads.

oldfred
November 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Lots of good info here:

Grub Rescue Prompt Megathread - drs305
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1594052
chroot & grub uninstall & reinstall
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1581099

dude.WTF
November 2nd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Um Yea I Looked Into Those Threads And They Dont Really Help Me.

wilee-nilee
November 2nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Um Yea I Looked Into Those Threads And They Dont Really Help Me.

Run the bootscript lets get a look at the whole setup.

dude.WTF
November 2nd, 2010, 01:00 AM
Ok What You Want Me To Do With The Boot script?

oldfred
November 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Did you download it and run it per the instructions? It should generate a results.txt and tell you where it saved it. Usually where you ran it from.

Open results.txt, copy & paste it in a message, highlight the entire results.txt and click on the # or code tags in the top edit panel of the message, to put it into code tags so it saves formatting, so we can read it easily.

dude.WTF
November 2nd, 2010, 01:11 AM
I Cant Do That Cause I Cant Boot Into Ubuntu.

wilee-nilee
November 2nd, 2010, 01:15 AM
I Cant Do That Cause I Cant Boot Into Ubuntu.

Use a live cd or loaded thumb of the ubuntu ISO to boot Ubuntu.