PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wireless issue due to broken external wireless switch

iokara08
November 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Good evening everyone,

I am experiencing some problems regarding the activation of my wireless on each start-up. Due to the fact that my external wireless switch is broken I can not turn on the wireless.
In previous versions of Ubuntu wireless was always automatically activated in every startup and thus no problems were occured.
Since I upgraded in Maverick Meerkat wireless in not active after turning on my laptop.

I had posted again the problem with a different description and with help of other users we found that by restarting and booting in a live CD of an earlier version of Ubuntu we could turn on the wireless device and the active mode of the wireless could remain as long as the laptop was connecting to AC power supply. That means that after booting through the live cd and the laptop was never disconnected form the power supply I could always use wireless (even after shutting down of restarting wireless was working)

The problem was coming back after unplugging my laptop. The next time I am booting in Ubuntu wireless is turned off and in order to use it I have to run again the live cd of an earlier version.
Is there any solution in order to make my laptop remember or keep my wireless open?
I have tried the solution: System>Preferences>Startup Applications>Options>Remember currently running application

Just for informational reasons, know that under operation of wireless switch wireless working perfectly.

Laptop characteristics:
Acer Aspire 5050 series, model 5052AWXMi
Wireless card:AR5001 Wireless Network Adapter, Atheros Communications Inc. IEEE 802.11 b/g

Thank you in advance!:popcorn:

iokara08
November 15th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Good afternoon,

Solution has been found using the "Save my session" mode in Preferences > Startup Applications.

What is more my power settings, such as brightness, are also set to maximum on each startup.
I have to say that I had used this solution before I post my problem but somehow it did not work out.