PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Joining Ubuntu Desktop to Ubuntu PDC

mfaiques
November 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi, I have successfully deploy/confiugred the Ubuntu PDC and connected Windows XP too.. its all working fine.. but now I wana to connnect Ubuntu Desktop to same Ubuntu PDC..

I have changes in SAMBA, as per required for joining Domain.. and execute the <net join MyDomain -u root> to .. its all fine .. NO error.. BUT HOW TO LOGIN..? on startup there is nothing like option for selecting Domain or Workgroup..

Please guide..

gordintoronto
November 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM
The workgroup name is specified in /etc/samba/smb.conf
From command line:
gksudo gedit /etc/samba/smb.conf

It's near the bottom of the first page.

Boondoklife
November 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Check this out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=5409

mfaiques
November 5th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Check this out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=5409

Dear friend, I am unable to found the reason why ubuntu desktop edittion is unable to show/login via configured Domain.. while the Windows Xp is able to login successfully with the same Ubuntu domain..

in ubuntu desktop.. I have changed in Samba <Workgroup to myDomain>, in command line <net join myDomain> its all success .. NO error.. but still unable to login via domain user..

mfaiques
November 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
still I did not found any related information... I think LinuxUbuntu PDC only support Windows Desktop for Domain Logging:confused:

Boondoklife
November 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
The link I gave you is specifically for using ubuntu to authenticate against a PDC. Ubuntu is not windows and you are not going to get the same prompts!

mfaiques
November 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
I have configured the following at Ubuntu Client/Samba

WORKGROUP = MYDOMAIN
Security = DOMAIN
Domain Logons = YES
Realm = MYDOMAIN

then execute the following command at terminal

#net join MYDOMAIN

Unable to find a suitable server for domain MYDOMAIN

fdelval
March 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Im in the same situation!

I joined the domain with no errors, now, i get my ubuntu desktop client, and in the login screen, where i write down my user / pass, there is no way i can login with a MYDOMAIN\user....

fdelval
March 3rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
bump

fdelval
March 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
last