PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Network-manager

bizkyt
November 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with my network manager. I had the 0.8.1 version (the normal, that comes with the updates), but yesterday I have installed the 0.8.2 (beta), from projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager (untar the file, ./configure, make and make install on it).
But after this, I lost my connections to internet from wireless and ethernet cable too. So I went to Synaptic and removed completely all network-manager packages, make restart and reinstalled it from the synaptic again (with the help from wicd to connect to internet) . But it don't work, is always showing the 0.8.199 (0.8.2), in the network manager aplet on tray icon and the internet don't work with networkmanager.
Anyone knows how to completely remove network manager, or any manner to get network-manager to work again?

Best Regards

bizkyt
November 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
bump

anwmalos
November 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
hello,

Go to the source tree of the network manager that you downloaded and type "make uninstall". If that doesn't work you will have to manually remove the compiled version of network manager from your system that usually resides in /usr/local/

bizkyt
November 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
I tried the "make uninstall" and didn't work. So went to /usr/local and removed all with name "network-manager" and files with "nm-*".
After that, installed network-manager from synaptic along with network-manager-gnome (applet). I do a reboot, but the network-manager applet don't appear in the tray. Now that I'm thiking I remember that I deleted files and folders that say nm-applet.

But isn't suppose that all the files that network-manager needs, are installed when from synaptic?

bizkyt
November 2nd, 2010, 01:09 AM
Anyone? I really need network-manager :s

bizkyt
November 2nd, 2010, 09:49 PM
I made a fresh installation of ubuntu to resolve this.

sml
January 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Other solutions other than a fresh install?

Must be better ways to close out this thread.