PDA

View Full Version : Halloween sound scheme

brandenmikal
November 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
To go with the "Eerie Autumn" theme that Microsoft recently released (yes, it is still legal to do this. I already checked)

I compiled a working sound scheme. It's as easy as downloading the file, unzipping, and then copying the entire folder to: usr/share/sounds/

If you're new to this; look for the "sounds" folder in your File System (normally labeled as File System or sometimes the name of your drive such as C:/ or D:/ )

Enjoy everyone!

hansdown
November 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
That's kind of neat.

Thanks brandenmikal.

pwnst*r
November 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Nice. Maybe I can use system ready file along with a custom boot animation next year. Thanks!

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4987/halloweenjx.jpg

brandenmikal
November 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Nice. Maybe I can use system ready file along with a custom boot animation next year. Thanks!

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4987/halloweenjx.jpg

very nice!

i'm glad i made this sound scheme; i felt that it was needed i mean; i don't know about anyone else but i know i love some ear candy with my wallpapers :]

brandenmikal
November 3rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
That's kind of neat.

Thanks brandenmikal.

your welcome hansdown :]

just remember; if you want to make a sound scheme; it's not too hard to do.

i'll post here a few tips right now ;]

things you'll need:

-audio editor (audacity is most widely used and it's what i used for all my sound schemes)
-gedit or another text editor

i'll post a blog on my blog site with instructions on it and then you can read it if you ever need to.

that is; unless you already know how to do it all. takes a little bit but it's not too much of a hassle. WAY easier than windows..thats for sure!

brandenmikal
November 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
That's kind of neat.

Thanks brandenmikal.

btw, if you want to use all the wallpapers in a slideshow effect; look up CREBS

it's by far one of the best apps i've used for making slideshows on ubuntu.

hansdown
November 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks again,brandenmikal.

Your blog is great.