PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Belkin wireless router connection issues

Tm9012
November 1st, 2010, 02:24 AM
First off, my Belkin wireless router would time out every now and then, it would connect itself back to the Internet though. other times id have to reset the router to get it to work again. So i called belkin and they told me to update it, so i did. now i can not get the wireless router to work at all.

when i connect my modem to the wireless router it wont connect to the Internet, so i try to go to the routers web based settings. 192.168.2.1 how ever it will not load the page at all. but my computer with a wireless networking card also ubuntu will go to 192.168.2.1 but itll time out within trying to set it up. so base the router does not work at all now. any help would be greatly appreciated... I have power cycled it, still no luck, reset it to default setting and still nothing.

ubuntu - 10.04 LTS
wireless router - Belking 54G - model# F5D7230-4 VERSION 2000
Internet provider - comcast

coffee412
November 1st, 2010, 02:34 AM
First off, my Belkin wireless router would time out every now and then, it would connect itself back to the Internet though. other times id have to reset the router to get it to work again. So i called belkin and they told me to update it, so i did. now i can not get the wireless router to work at all.

when i connect my modem to the wireless router it wont connect to the Internet, so i try to go to the routers web based settings. 192.168.2.1 how ever it will not load the page at all. but my computer with a wireless networking card also ubuntu will go to 192.168.2.1 but itll time out within trying to set it up. so base the router does not work at all now. any help would be greatly appreciated... I have power cycled it, still no luck, reset it to default setting and still nothing.

ubuntu - 10.04 LTS
wireless router - Belking 54G - model# F5D7230-4 VERSION 2000
Internet provider - comcast

I guess what I would do in a situation like this is try one more reset to be sure with nothing connected to it. Make sure to turn it off after the reset so it reloads. While you are at it, Reset your modem from your isp. If all a else and it still doesnt work I would look at reflashing the bios in the router.

Tm9012
November 1st, 2010, 02:37 AM
I guess what I would do in a situation like this is try one more reset to be sure with nothing connected to it. Make sure to turn it off after the reset so it reloads. While you are at it, Reset your modem from your isp. If all a else and it still doesnt work I would look at reflashing the bios in the router.

alright thanks for the feedback ill give it a shot. let you know how it goes. also shouldnt my ip be something like 192.xxx.xx.xx mine is more like 175.xxx.xxx.xxx

coffee412
November 1st, 2010, 02:43 AM
alright thanks for the feedback ill give it a shot. let you know how it goes. also shouldnt my ip be something like 192.xxx.xx.xx mine is more like 175.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have seen that before when the nic cannot communicate well with the router. I wouldnt worry about that except for the fact that your having a problem. You get your original problem fixed then that address will straighten out.

Im thinking your flash didnt go well at this point. But you never know.

Tm9012
November 1st, 2010, 03:21 AM
i shut everything down and unplugged everything and reset everything. modem, router, computer. still same issue. im thinking something did go wrong with the update. belkin wont or cant help me any further as they ask what os im using and as soon as i say linux they say they don't support it and that's my problem. but it actually worked before they told me to update it, at least sometimes.

coffee412
November 1st, 2010, 03:28 AM
i shut everything down and unplugged everything and reset everything. modem, router, computer. still same issue. im thinking something did go wrong with the update. belkin wont or cant help me any further as they ask what os im using and as soon as i say linux they say they don't support it and that's my problem. but it actually worked before they told me to update it, at least sometimes.

Well, Because belkin is so behind the times <grin>, I guess you will have to find a windows box and hook to it and try and reflash from cd (if thats possible).

Hopefully you have windows available. Time to reflash.

Tm9012
November 1st, 2010, 03:32 AM
lol. and actually i don't have a windows in the house : ( but i might make a dual boot and test the router out. or maybe buy a new one. thinking a linksy... but thank you for your feed back its greatly appreciated.

coffee412
November 1st, 2010, 03:35 AM
lol. and actually i don't have a windows in the house : ( but i might make a dual boot and test the router out. or maybe buy a new one. thinking a linksy... but thank you for your feed back its greatly appreciated.

I run a linksys and they are OK. Got a refurb one for like 30 bucks at a place in town. I use it for testing wireless basically for laptops I repair.

Good Luck and hope things work out.