PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] New Mythbuntu install does not boot

lkoepke
November 1st, 2010, 02:19 AM
I installed Mythbuntu 10.10 on top of an OpenSuSE 11.3 machine, choosing to overwrite/remove everything, in order to build a PVR. The machine does not boot, leaving me with a Mythbuntu boot screen that never changes. The file Results.txt from the bootinf script indicate a problem with the MBR and that perhaps the OpenSuSE partitions were left alone? I *suspect* I have attached the file below (I have never done this before):

This is my first experience with any flavor of Ubuntu, (I also work with ARM Debian). Another post here had me try looking at GRUB, but, sudo grub returns "sudo: grub: command not found". (I have done this and run the bootinfo script by booting from the Mythbuntu iso CD and running a terminal session. The boot from CD option works, and gives me the Mythbuntu Control Center).

I just want a PVR. Since Mythbuntu appears to be a popular means, I just want to get it installed and bootable from the HD. I'm amenable to wiping/formating the HD, but have always done that with the install disks; that's not working here. Any help appreciated.