PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Scanner installation - Brother dcp-135c ubunto 10.10

Nuno Oliveira
October 31st, 2010, 09:27 PM
Hi all,

Im a newbie on this system but I'm enjoying it every day...
But I have an issue, I can't install my scanning function in my Brother dcp-135c.
I 've already did everything that the brother site tell but Ubuntu 10.10 don't recognize my scanner...

The printer works fine...

Any help or suggestion?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Nuno Oliveira

sanderd17
October 31st, 2010, 09:36 PM
first of all, when you work on ubuntu, never trust that the manufators site will solve your problems. You can get help if you contact them, but you will almost never find correct help on the site.

The best you can do is google your problem with the word "ubuntu" in the search. Then you get the post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=590793

Does this help? If it doesn't, you can always reply on that thread, it will notify the thread starters and they might be able to help you.

BTW, the scanner installation is on the second half of the post.

Nuno Oliveira
October 31st, 2010, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation :)
But I already did that, but all the thing i've found were about the installation of the scanner in Ubuntu 9.04 or 9.10 and I've tried that and didn't work... :(
The file mentioned on the link you game me, doesn't even exist in Ubuntu 10.10....

Any more advices?

Thanks for all

Nuno

sanderd17
November 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
Why don't you reply to that thread? Or pm nunatacker, (s)he seems to have solved a similar problem with a similar scanner without posting the solution.

Nuno Oliveira
November 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
Ok, I'll do that. Thank you :)