PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Visual Effects Problem

Vivek Kumar Popat
October 31st, 2010, 08:34 PM
I am new to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on my Dell Laptop with i3 processor. I have downloaded and installed all the required packages but still I am not able to enable the visual effects. Kindly help me. Follwing are my Video Graphics Card details:-

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Manhattan [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
version: 00
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=fglrx_pci latency=0
resources: irq:34 memory:d0000000-dfffffff(prefetchable) memory:cfee0000-cfefffff ioport:2000(size=256) memory:cfe00000-cfe1ffff(prefetchable)

Whether any drivers need to be installed for this video card or ders any other thing to be done? Kindly help regarding this.

P4man
October 31st, 2010, 10:27 PM
What happens when you try to enable them?

Apparently you already installed the proprietary drivers; if you go to system > preferences > ati catalyst control center (administrative), does it open?

Vivek Kumar Popat
November 2nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Yes. The window opens. But i dont know what options to set in that window. Plz help.

P4man
November 2nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
What happens when you try to enable them?

them being desktop effects.

Vivek Kumar Popat
November 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I m facing one more problem now. Earlier when I installed Ubuntu I was able to view the task bar strip at the bottom of the desktop where we can select multiple panels. But now its not at all visible in dat place. As a result of that whenever I minimize any window it totally disappears. What shall I do regarding dat?

Vivek Kumar Popat
November 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
I cannot see the options dat you are talking abt.

I have attached the screenshot of the window dat opens when I click on ATI Catalyst in administrative mode.

P4man
November 2nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
You said you cant enable visual effects. so what happens when you go to system > preferences > appearance > visual effects