PDA

View Full Version : Does this sum up what Ubuntu users think of Windows?

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.itsasicksadworld.ready4u.co.uk/download/wallpaper/windowsSucks.jpg
:confused:

Verbeck
October 31st, 2010, 08:08 PM
change that XP to VISTA, then it'll make it true for me
IMHO, xp was the best they ever made

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:10 PM
change that XP to VISTA, then it'll make it true for me
IMHO, xp was the best they ever made
http://theblog.virginradioblog.fr/the_blog/images/vista.jpg

This better? I liked XP too, I suppose it was sound, but then Ubuntu blew me away.

NightwishFan
October 31st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I would assume a good bit of users that post on here dual boot, so they do like it. I am neutral but prefer Ubuntu or Debian over Windows. My policy is best GPL/BSD licensed tool for the job.

Mr Bean
October 31st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Might have been funnier if you spelled compatible correctly.

XP isn't bad for a 9 year old OS. It has a simplicity that's kind of charming. It's almost modern enough for most things and it only uses a couple of gigs in your disk as opposed to the 30 you'd lose to Vista or Windows 7.

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:15 PM
I would assume a good bit of users that post on here dual boot, so they do like it. I am neutral but prefer Ubuntu or Debian over Windows. My policy is best GPL/BSD licensed tool for the job.
Don't worry, my opinion is neutral an i'm not going to hate on any windows users, I was just querying your opinions.

Queue29
October 31st, 2010, 08:16 PM

XP isn't bad for a 9 year old OS. It has a simplicity that's kind of charming. It's almost modern enough for most things and it only uses a couple of gigs in your disk as opposed to the 30 you'd lose to Vista or Windows 7.

Indeed. If you're going to rap on windows xp, it's only fair to compare it to linux distros from 2001 as well. Now THAT is laughable.

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:16 PM

Actually, I can spell fine thankyou. I did not do this, I linked it from Google Images.

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Indeed. If you're going to rap on windows xp, it's only fair to compare it to linux distros from 2001 as well. Now THAT is laughable.
I'm not 'rapping' on windows, like I said my opinion is neutral.

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:21 PM
The only flaws I see with Windows are:
Price
Viruses

Mr Bean
October 31st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Actually, I can spell fine thankyou. I did not do this, I linked it from Google Images.

Fair enough if you didn't write it.

I'm not great when it comes to spelling but when I see one of those "meme" pictures with misspelled words it just strikes me as lazy. They care about what they wrote enough to spread it around to thousands of people, but not enough to actually proofread it themselves. Lame.

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Fair enough if you didn't write it.

I'm not great when it comes to spelling but when I see one of those "meme" pictures with misspelled words it just strikes me as lazy. They care about what they wrote enough to spread it around to thousands of people, but not enough to actually proofread it themselves. Lame.
Unless they are Dyslexic. Don't judge who you don't know. But seeing as that's the only one I could find on Google Images, it suggests that XP IS good. That person may have wrote it because his PC broke or something.

andymorton
October 31st, 2010, 08:29 PM
I thought XP was ok. I was quite impressed with Windows 7 for the short time that I used it. Vista, however, was atrocious. None of them even begin to compete with Ubuntu!

DirtyPC
October 31st, 2010, 08:32 PM
I thought XP was ok. I was quite impressed with Windows 7 for the short time that I used it. Vista, however, was atrocious. None of them even begin to compete with Ubuntu!
I agree, Ubuntu is fantastic, and free!. I always see Windows 7 is a combination of the best bits of Vista and XP. Which means its Just XP thats looks nice like Vista.

cariboo
October 31st, 2010, 08:34 PM
The last time I saw any stats about 35% of the people accessing the forum were using Windows.

Lancro
October 31st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well I dual boot, but grub is in the MBR, ubuntu is by default, the other is vista, I havent used it for days, I put it at nights while I sleeps so it upgrades, Its so slow upgrading...

I instaled vista the other day, It tooks me 24 hours to install it and install all updates, ubuntu 30 minutes, and with sound!!, vista requires HD drivers to run Realtek AC'97 properly, I only use vista if Im forced to it, like when I do a videocall in windows live messenger, I cant find anything in linux that supports the new protocol, lets wait the next release of emesene..., and for games not fully functional with wine, like GrandFantasia, It works but you dont see the players or the monsters, only their armors xD, Its funny but for playing its annoying...

So I think linux is better than microsoft windows, and I think that ubuntu is the best distro, Its my opinion, so If I can use ubuntu I use it always.

Elfy
October 31st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Trolling or flame bait - either way it's closed.

# Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.

* Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
* Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them.
* Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.
* If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
* If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers.