PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Forge Website with DNS Server

zzzakattack
October 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM
I have a few games that have to connect to a server in order to work. I recently found a program that allows me to forge a dns server by using my home dns server. First, I tell my game to use a special dns server, then it connects, my Home Server forges the server it would normally use, and I could manipulate it to give the game certain bonuses.

I have another game I wish to do this for, but there is no program for it. It works the exact same way. First, I would monitor the traffic, packets, etc, and figure out how the game interacts with the servers, then I would use the my home DNS server to forge the normal one.

My problem is that I need to be able to learn how to forge a DNS Server using my own. As I've said, I've done it before, but with a special program used to forge specific DNS's that I can't change. Does anyone know how to do this?

I know this is going to be a hard task, but hey, I've got some time on my hands, and it would be fun to try. Besides, if it's not impossible, then there's nothing saying I shouldn't be able to do it.

Thanks in advance!