PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Network monitor plasmoid suitable for panel in maveric?

Yako no Kai
October 31st, 2010, 01:35 PM
(maverick, that is ... I'm sure I fixed that typo but apparently not)

Is there a network speed plasmoid for Maverick that is suitable for the KDE panel? The current Network Monitor is nice, in that it shows a small line graph of the upload and download speeds, but it is no good for the panel because it includes, on the right side, a big static icon of a globe with a wire underneath it. This icon, which does nothing, doubles the width of the plasmoid, which is no good for a panel.

I've googled and apparently none exists. But I thought I would ask, because Google cannot even find a page mentioning this plasmoid, which tells me that something could exist but be getting missed.

Update:
I rebooted to check something in my karmic install and when I came back, the ugly icon became an overlay on the plasmoid. Now it only take sthe normal width. It still looks bad, but it's workable. Perhaps some bug that only happens when it first gets added, or perhaps it is something that will recur. This might be solved.

(The system monitor plasmoid is buggy as hell in this release. Temperature monitor shows no temperatures, RAM monitor works when you add it but then goes blank and shows no ram until you remove and add it again, network monitor glitches and no way to configure colours ... it's a disaster)