PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else prefer the old Human theme?

bbqsandwich
October 31st, 2010, 12:17 PM
Ambiance and Radiance are nice, don't get me wrong!... but it wasn't long after installing 10.04 that I went ahead and

sudo apt-get install human-theme

It just looks cleaner and nicer, I think. Anyone else agree?

Spice Weasel
October 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
I liked the icon and window border theme. They looked nice and clean.

limestone
October 31st, 2010, 12:33 PM
I'm going with clearlooks. It's clean and simple.

Random_Dude
October 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Not really...
I like the new themes, except the buttons on the left and the wallpaper.
Not that it matters much because I change both, but why is that the wallpapers seem to have gotten worse since the versions after 8.04 and 8.10?

Random_Dude
October 31st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Double post, sorry.

armageddon08
October 31st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Not really...
I like the new themes, except the buttons on the left and the wallpaper.
Not that it matters much because I change both, but why is that the wallpapers seem to have gotten worse since the versions after 8.04 and 8.10?

8.10 had the best Ubuntu Wallpaper till date.

Random_Dude
October 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM

It's very good, but my favorite is still 8.04. Maybe because it was the first Ubuntu version I used.

TriBlox6432
October 31st, 2010, 04:07 PM

This. I started my Ubuntu journey with Intrepid, and I still prefer the look and feel to any other.

As for themes, I only ever used Human until Ambiance and Radiance came as defaults. I really really hate purple. So now I use Shiki-Brave w/ Gnome-Brave icons. Custom wallpaper. I really likes it.

kaldor
October 31st, 2010, 04:23 PM

No doubt. I miss the 8.04-8.10 style :(

I liked the Human theme to a degree. I still miss the brown/orange style, but the icons and colours looked too unprofessional... kinda like KDE 3.x?

I still like the new Ambiance/Radiance themes, though I do not use them in favour of a modified version. It would be kinda cool to see them in the default theme selection, though.

This also makes me wonder a bit about Unity. I think I heard somewhere that it will not support themes. While I love the idea of Unity, it would be really annoying if I can't change the appearance and get stuck with Ambiance.

Human will always be nostalgic to me ;)

73ckn797
October 31st, 2010, 04:31 PM
It's very good, but my favorite is still 8.04. Maybe because it was the first Ubuntu version I used.
I think most feel this way. It was what you first used and became accustomed to. Some of the themes affect the clarity of highlighted items in menus or Nautilus. After using 10.04 I am just now getting used to the buttons on the left side and have found a theme that is visually pleasing to my preferences.

You can modify the colors of any theme from System/Preferences/Appearance, then Themes/Customize.