PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 installation hangs at "who are you" page.

DineshMaurya
October 31st, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hi,
I have downloaded the Desktop version of the ubuntu 10.10 and burned it in a CD. I have been trying to install it in my laptop but didn't get any success in it. While installing it, I am not able to proceed further from the "who are you" page where we give all the user name related stuffs. Attached with this post is the snapshot of the same page.

I am using HP dv4 Notebook PC model.

Can anyone of you please help me in getting it installed on my laptop.

Thanks for any help.

mridkash
October 31st, 2010, 08:14 AM
In the username field use only lowercase letters. See if that works.

P4man
October 31st, 2010, 11:44 AM
This question comes up regularly (and understandably), someone should nominate this for 100 paper cuts. How hard can it be to show a red cross next to the username and a message saying uppercase usernames arent allowed?

DineshMaurya
October 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks, it worked.

nssriharsha
November 4th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I'm yet to solve this issue even after using small case characters as i get hung everywhere at the same place "Who are you". I got the cd from ubuntu.com
Any solution would be appreciated.

Regards,
Harsha

jocko
November 4th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hi,

I'm yet to solve this issue even after using small case characters as i get hung everywhere at the same place "Who are you". I got the cd from ubuntu.com
Any solution would be appreciated.

Regards,
Harsha
Does any of the input fields NOT have a green check mark next to it?

P4man
November 4th, 2010, 08:00 AM
do you have green checkmarks behind every field?

Quackers
November 4th, 2010, 08:03 AM
A password MUST be entered and confirmed. Blank password not allowed.

nssriharsha
November 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Yeah there's green tick mark beside every field......The screenshot is vey much similar to the one posted by Dinesh. Kindly help me out.

Quackers
November 8th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Is there a space or other illegal character in your username?

jocko
November 8th, 2010, 08:04 AM
The screenshot is vey much similar to the one posted by Dinesh. Kindly help me out.
Ok, but in that screen shot there is no green check mark next to the username, which is how you can see that his username was not valid. Check again, or post a screen shot here if you can't see what's wrong...