PDA

View Full Version : When will the market see more portable music players support .ogg

e24ohm
October 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
When will the market see more portable music players that will support .ogg?

On average I get better compression with .ogg then .mp3; however, only a hand full of players support the .ogg format. Would love to see Sony, or Creative support .ogg format.

sparky64
October 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
creative do support .ogg
I have a creative xfi2 / h340 and ebook and all support ogg.

m4tic
October 30th, 2010, 07:53 PM
How good is it in surround sound

Simian Man
October 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
All Android phones also support it, so support is growing.

e24ohm
October 31st, 2010, 03:52 AM
All Android phones also support it, so support is growing.

YOu make a great point that all Android phones support .ogg; however, I am not ready to increase my cell phone bill, so until then I am stuck with a stand alone player.

e24ohm
October 31st, 2010, 03:54 AM
creative do support .ogg
I have a creative xfi2 / h340 and ebook and all support ogg.

Wow, the Creative XFi2 slipped right past me. I didn't know they had a model that supports FLAC, yet the site didn't mention .ogg, so I thank you for confirming that the device supports .ogg. I am guessing, but it appears if the device supports FLAC, then it will support .ogg.

thanks again...mate!!!
This product is on my radar now.

Spike-X
October 31st, 2010, 09:20 AM
The only players I'm aware of that don't support .ogg are the ones beginning with i and ending with Pod.

Paqman
October 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
You'll never get universal support. There's no demand for it in the marketplace, and there's no real reason for manufacturers to try and create one.

Having said that, it can't be too expensive to implement, so there's not a lot stopping them either.