PDA

View Full Version : Installing the IRC XDCC Bottler "XDCC-Fetch"

omgitsmit
October 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I recently patched the dated ruby application "XDCC-Fetch" for use on any Linux OS (I use it on Ubuntu of course).

Article w/ download available on my blog, http://timashley.me/node/674

Enjoy! :P

dipshat
December 6th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Tim,

I found this post while looking for the same type of program that you described in your blog. Can you tell me if this is still working? I can get everything installed an visually working. But I can't get the files to start downloading. The status stays on requesting and doesn't go further. Hopefully you have a solution or maybe a suggestion of another program. Thanks for your help.

Dip

dipshat
December 7th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I was able to get this installed and working per the blog posted above. But my previous problem ended up being network specific. Some networks will not accept dcc transmissions for some reason. I am assuming its the network because I tried several different bots on that network and none would work. It just stays on requesting. If I request same packet in xchat everything works fine. I guess its possible that the network or bot is recognizing the program as a bottler and not allowing connections. Not sure. Anyone else use this program?

omgitsmit
December 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I was able to get this installed and working per the blog posted above. But my previous problem ended up being network specific. Some networks will not accept dcc transmissions for some reason. I am assuming its the network because I tried several different bots on that network and none would work. It just stays on requesting. If I request same packet in xchat everything works fine. I guess its possible that the network or bot is recognizing the program as a bottler and not allowing connections. Not sure. Anyone else use this program?

I can test it on my side and see if it still works. I'll let you know.

Thanks!