PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Annoyed need help!

Danohumongo
October 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I dont know what the problem is ive downloaded 2 different images of ubuntu 10.10 and one for 10.04. Ive also tried the Wubi.exe download as well. everytime i try and install inside windows it gives me the error right at the end tells me that permission is denied and to check the logs. I know that im not the only one that is having this problem. I have tried to reburn the image at a slower speed only thing that i havent tried is installing using a thumb drive.

gtardini
October 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I discourage Wubi. I installed it and it proved incredibly slow. The same version (10.04) on its own partition is at least 3-5 times faster. I mean simple things like opening a shell, or a browser, or the software manager.
What's the problem with the burned image? Does it boot at all?

3Miro
October 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
This is some sort of windows error. Are you running Zone Alarm or something like that?

Wubi is the safer choice if you are not sure if you want to commit to Ubuntu. However, it will not give you the full power of the OS.

Danohumongo
October 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I discourage Wubi. I installed it and it proved incredibly slow. The same version (10.04) on its own partition is at least 3-5 times faster. I mean simple things like opening a shell, or a browser, or the software manager.
What's the problem with the burned image? Does it boot at all?

when i try and boot from the disc itself it get the /dev/loop0 error. but i have another image that i burned the same exact way with version 9.10 that works fine.

Danohumongo
October 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM
This is some sort of windows error. Are you running Zone Alarm or something like that?

Wubi is the safer choice if you are not sure if you want to commit to Ubuntu. However, it will not give you the full power of the OS.

The only firewall im running is on my Symantec Antivirius

3Miro
October 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
when i try and boot from the disc itself it get the /dev/loop0 error. but i have another image that i burned the same exact way with version 9.10 that works fine.

I think there is an option for CD-Self-Check. Either way, this sounds like a major incompatibility or more likely bad download/burn. Try to redownload the file (use torrents if you can) and when you are burning it, try to use the lowest speed in your burner.

Danohumongo
October 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I think there is an option for CD-Self-Check. Either way, this sounds like a major incompatibility or more likely bad download/burn. Try to redownload the file (use torrents if you can) and when you are burning it, try to use the lowest speed in your burner.

im thinking that it could possibly be the download as well but i have downloaded it 3 different times. could be my internet connection im currently deployed right now and my connection is not what im used to. i have tried burning the iso at the slowest speed on my burner same thing. when i try and boot from the disc i get the cannot mount image /dev/loop0

im about to go ahead and try and make a flash drive instead of the CD. well see how that works out.

3Miro
October 29th, 2010, 11:08 PM
im thinking that it could possibly be the download as well but i have downloaded it 3 different times. could be my internet connection im currently deployed right now and my connection is not what im used to. i have tried burning the iso at the slowest speed on my burner same thing. when i try and boot from the disc i get the cannot mount image /dev/loop0

im about to go ahead and try and make a flash drive instead of the CD. well see how that works out.

If you cannot boot form the CD this means that either your CD is corrupt or you are running into some rare case of huge incompatibility. In either case, you should not install Ubuntu, you don't want incompatible or corrupt system on your computer.

Danohumongo
October 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
If you cannot boot form the CD this means that either your CD is corrupt or you are running into some rare case of huge incompatibility. In either case, you should not install Ubuntu, you don't want incompatible or corrupt system on your computer.

well i was just curious because i installed ubuntu 9.10 on my system and it worked no problem. but the only difference is that i downloaded and burned the disc before i was deployed.

3Miro
October 30th, 2010, 01:09 AM
... i was deployed.

Deployed, as in the military? Did you take your laptop with you? The difference may be that your CD burner is broken. Do you have a friend that can burn a CD for you?