PDA

View Full Version : Time has come today

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Surprising as it may be to most non-scientists and even to some scientists, Albert Einstein concluded in his later years that the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously.
I believe time comes from nowhere and it goes nowhere its just here.
What leads me to believe' was a dream I had and it came true about one month later.I don't expect anyone can prove or disprove Einstein's theory.But did any of you have a dream that came true? what if deja vu isn't a trick of the eye but the fact that you been there before.
Time has come today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpcZrQQM-4

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Of course, everyone knows that,
its easy to prove, 2 twins, 1 install Windows, other install Ubuntu,
the first will become aged faster, the second dont, because he's moving faster.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 03:49 AM
of course, everyone knows that,
its easy to prove, 2 twins, 1 install windows, other install ubuntu,

lol

Phrea
October 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM

I really wish there was a way to upvote this.

andymorton
October 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM

Brilliant!

Khakilang
October 29th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Simple. The flower of tomorrow is what you plant today.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Simple. The flower of tomorrow is what you plant today.

OK.but what about this
When a smaller box s is situated, relativity at rest, inside the hollow space of a larger box S, then the hollow space of s is a part of the hollow space of S, and the same "space," which contains both of them, belongs to each of the boxes. When s is in motion with respect to S, however, the concept is less simple. One is then inclined to think that s encloses always the same space, but a variable part of the space S. It then becomes necessary to apportion to each box its particular space, not thought of as bounded, and assume that these two spaces are in motion with respect to each other...

Before one has become aware of this complication, space appears as an unbounded medium or container in which material objects swim around. But it must be remembered that there is an infinite number of spaces, which are in motion with respect to each other...

The concept of space as something existing objectively and independent of things belongs to pre-scientific thought, but not so the idea of the existence of an infinite number of spaces in motion relatively to each other. This latter idea is indeed unavoidable, but is far from having played a considerable role even in scientific thought.

Khakilang
October 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I don't get it. But I can tell you if I put the 2 boxes in my backyard, I know whats their future going to like.

Khakilang
October 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I don't get it. But I can tell you if I put the 2 boxes in my backyard, I know whats their future going to like.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM

I don't get it.

Khakilang
October 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I don't get it either. But sometime I happen to meet some stranger which I know I seen before but somehow I had a strange feeling that I have met them before.

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Its easy to build a machine to see the past:
" What do you see into a plain mirror moving faster than light? "

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Its easy to build a machine to see the past:
" What do you see into a plain mirror moving faster than light? "

“You have the sight now Neo, you are looking at the world without time.”
—The Oracle in The Matrix

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
So what Albert Einstein was saying is time is like a ocean.Where just swimming in different parts? I guess.

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
So what Albert Einstein was saying is time is like a ocean.Where just swimming in different parts? I guess.

Yes, we are LOST :D

Its a natural thing, when you look at the stars you see the past,
it takes many years to light of these stars to reach our planet,
so maybe you are looking a star that no longer exist anymore since years.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
If we can look at the past lights what is stopping us from seeing the future lights?
Might be were to slow too see the future lights.

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
If we can look at the past lights what is stopping us from seeing the future lights?
Might be were to slow too see the future lights.

Nothing,
this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Avdeyev#Time_traveler) is a time traveler, he go to the future, for real.

ubunterooster
October 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
The past and future are not real, only the present is real. And once you have seen the present it becomes part of the past and ceases to exist.

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
No one can explain the past, the present, and the future,
because the Time itself has not been explained completely.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
The past and future are not real, only the present is real. And once you have seen the present it becomes part of the past and ceases to exist.

When Sergei Avdeyev time travelled we existed in his past?

lisati
October 29th, 2010, 08:02 PM
No one can explain the past, the present, and the future,
because the Time itself has not been explained completely.

Nicely said.

I don't get the "travel at the speed of light and time changes" stuff either.

Swagman
October 29th, 2010, 08:09 PM
It's unwise to stay in the past too long ...

The Langoliers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Langoliers) will find ya

ubunterooster
October 29th, 2010, 08:09 PM
No we didn't exist, that's the point

ubunterooster
October 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM
It's unwise to stay in the past too long ...

The Langoliers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Langoliers) will find ya
I think I just pointed out that it is impossible to live in the past ;)

Swagman
October 29th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I think I just pointed out that it is impossible to live in the past ;)

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8WF3vGUn8 <-- actually quite the complex

ubunterooster
October 29th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8WF3vGUn8 <-- actually quite the complex
hearing aid?

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
There's no langoliers or they would have eating the past light which still exist!

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Theres a new theory that say Time can convert itself into Space, and reverse, maybe influenced by Gravity.
I dont remember the Link.

That explain the Grow and Shrink of the Universe, and the fluctuation on Gravity fields,
everything is related to energy, light is energy at certain frequency,
the same energy on other frequency becomes Wifi or X-Ray or UV light.

Also i don't think that Black Holes are time tunnels, that teleport things to other time,
because black hole grow up when eat things, if things teleports the black hole should not grow.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Theres a new theory that say Time can convert itself into Space, and reverse, maybe influenced by Gravity.

That explain the Grow and Shrink of the Universe, and the fluctuation on Gravity fields,

Also i don't think that Black Holes are time tunnels, that teleport things to other time,
because black hole grow up when eat things, if things teleports the black hole should not grow.

Is it the String theory
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

koenn
October 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM

No we didn't exist, that's the point

we did exist, but our time slowed down (slightly) compared to his.

koenn
October 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Is it the String theory

Einstein's relativity already indicated a relation between movement (speed), space (gravity), and time.

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
we did exist, but our time slowed down (slightly) compared to his.

right he speeds up we slow down like a car race through time.

juancarlospaco
October 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Is it the String theory

Its based on it, not the same...

koenn
October 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I don't get the "travel at the speed of light and time changes" stuff either.
It doesn't have to be the speed of light, any speed works.
But it's easier to think about it (or work out the math for it) in terms of speed of light because speed of light is constant.

The catch is we think of time as constant, i.e. we measure it in units of a known size (say, in seconds). The problem is that, apparently, those units aren't in fact constants, they're more like variables whose values change with the speed of the observer, and with the gravitation at the location of the observer.

So, what we lack is, as mentioned, a usable concept of time.
Stephen Hawking tries to explain time in terms of entropy, but I'll admit that I don't quite understand most of what he says.

reyfer
October 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
But it is easy to demonstrate that past and present coexist......just look at the stars at night. The closest star to our system is Alfa Centauri, at 4.5 light-years from Earth. Than means the light we see tonight from there left that star 4 and a half years ago....so what we see today is what that star was like 4 and a half years ago.

We don't even have to go as far as that star. The sun's light takes 8 minutes to reach Earth, so we see the sun where it was 8 minutes ago....so you see, past and present coexist here now

forrestcupp
October 29th, 2010, 09:53 PM
John Titor proved this a long time ago. :)

Nothing,
this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Avdeyev#Time_traveler) is a time traveler, he go to the future, for real.Big deal. I'm constantly traveling forward in time at the rate of 1 second per second. ;)

Show me someone who traveled back in time .02 seconds.

But it is easy to demonstrate that past and present coexist......just look at the stars at night. The closest star to our system is Alfa Centauri, at 4.5 light-years from Earth. Than means the light we see tonight from there left that star 4 and a half years ago....so what we see today is what that star was like 4 and a half years ago.

We don't even have to go as far as that star. The sun's light takes 8 minutes to reach Earth, so we see the sun where it was 8 minutes ago....so you see, past and present coexist here nowBut we're not actually seeing the star; we're seeing the light that the star put off a long time ago, which still exists in the present. So that's not really valid.

koenn
October 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM
But we're not actually seeing the star; we're seeing the light that the star put off a long time ago, which still exists in the present. So that's not really valid.
everything you see is light emitted by or reflected off the objects you 'see'

lisati
October 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM
So, what we lack is, as mentioned, a usable concept of time.

That would account for a lot.

I recall hearing of an illustration, sometimes attributed to Einstein, that compares some of the ideas behind "relativity" to the difference between sitting on a hot stove and sitting with a pretty girl on your lap. The relevance to this discussion eludes me for the moment.

koenn
October 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM
something along the lines of : imagine sitting on a hot stove for ten minutes, or sitting with a pretty girl on your lap for ten minutes, and you'll understand that time is relative".

It's a bad analogy : it explains time as being subjective, not as it being relative.

beew
October 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM
This is a very psychedelic thread.

Did OP eat some colourful mushroom? :)

ubunterooster
October 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
This is a very psychedelic thread.

Did OP eat some colourful mushroom? :)
Actually, you would be surprised how it is not often the colorful 'shrooms that are psychedelic but rather the drab brown ones ;)

Gremlinzzz
October 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM

Is this the theory Big Bang Abandoned in New Model of the Universe
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25492/

Gremlinzzz
October 30th, 2010, 12:08 AM
or this one
The best modern theory going is probably the No Boundary Proposal, put fourth by Stephen Hawking and Jim Hartle. This theory introduces a second reference of time which has been inappropriately named Imaginary time. Hawking, writes of the no boundary proposal, "The universe would be completely self contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE."

forrestcupp
October 30th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I think I've experienced backward time travel. I surpassed 1337 beans a long time ago, and someone just pointed out to me that I was 1 away from being at 1337. (I had to make a post that would get me there when I found that out).

I'm not sure how many beans I had, but I know it was several beyond 1337. I guess I moved backward in time!

73ckn797
October 30th, 2010, 03:42 AM
But all of these posts are now in the past unless you are just now seeing them but then they become the past which from your frame of reference was just in the now but not anymore since they are now in the past which means that this post was in the present when I typed it but will be a thing of the past by the time you read it. The punctuation could be a thing of the present if edited but then it would all be in the past when the next moment occurs.

Gremlinzzz
October 30th, 2010, 03:53 AM
but all of these posts are now in the past unless you are just now seeing them but then they become the past which from your frame of reference was just in the now but not anymore since they are now in the past which means that this post was in the present when i typed it but will be a thing of the past by the time you read it. The punctuation could be a thing of the present if edited but then it would all be in the past when the next moment occurs.

lol

forrestcupp
October 30th, 2010, 02:38 PM
But all of these posts are now in the past unless you are just now seeing them but then they become the past which from your frame of reference was just in the now but not anymore since they are now in the past which means that this post was in the present when I typed it but will be a thing of the past by the time you read it. The punctuation could be a thing of the present if edited but then it would all be in the past when the next moment occurs.

So are the posts traveling forward in time to us, or are we traveling back in time to the posts?

73ckn797
October 30th, 2010, 03:27 PM
So are the posts traveling forward in time to us, or are we traveling back in time to the posts?
The posts are static in the place where they reside but are dynamic in that they are visible in the present when seen by the viewer. They reside on the material plane that pierces through the moments as they pass us by until the laws of thermodynamics come into play, or, someone formats the drive where they lay.

Oxwivi
October 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Surprising as it may be to most non-scientists and even to some scientists, Albert Einstein concluded in his later years that the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously.
I believe time comes from nowhere and it goes nowhere its just here.
What leads me to believe' was a dream I had and it came true about one month later.I don't expect anyone can prove or disprove Einstein's theory.But did any of you have a dream that came true? what if deja vu isn't a trick of the eye but the fact that you been there before.
Time has come today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpcZrQQM-4
While I'm not good in explaining myself nor do have valid scientific knowledge, but I do believe myself (with my own understanding) that all time exists simultaneously. First time I heard Albert Einstein believed the same though.

And I do have have many deja vu events, though they're not related to my belief in simultaneous time.

Gremlinzzz
October 31st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy] ( listen), meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the recent past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud calls "the uncanny." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience has genuinely happened in the past.[1]
for those who dont know what Deja vu means

73ckn797
October 31st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy] ( listen), meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the recent past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud calls "the uncanny." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience has genuinely happened in the past.[1]
for those who dont know what Deja vu means

It has also been explained as being attributed to a delay in the communication from when something is seen and that sight being processed in the brain on a subconscious level before coming to the conscious level.

Gremlinzzz
October 31st, 2010, 06:03 PM
It has also been explained as being attributed to a delay in the communication from when something is seen and that sight being processed in the brain on a subconscious level before coming to the conscious level.

The term deja vu is French and means, literally, "already seen."
for those who dont know what Deja vu the word means

73ckn797
October 31st, 2010, 06:39 PM
The term deja vu is French and means, literally, "already seen."
for those who dont know what Deja vu the word means
And that is why I stated what I did.

forrestcupp
October 31st, 2010, 11:20 PM
Deja vu happens after the reprogramming of the Matrix. ;)

73ckn797
November 1st, 2010, 01:03 AM
Deja vu happens after the reprogramming of the Matrix. ;)
And that is because of the residual electron flux of the bilateral configuration diode.

Exodist
November 1st, 2010, 01:59 AM

lol