PDA

View Full Version : desktop icons ??

tonyt3
October 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I have installed UNR on a 10" eeePC; it comes with Win XP3 --everything seems to work fine. Along the left hand side of the desktop are a half dozen large "icons" but I have not been able to see how to place a normal icon for a single specific program on the desktop. Surely it must be possible but I have looked in every possible (obvious) place. thanks for your suggestions.
tony

rsk02
October 29th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Add to favorites.

tonyt3
October 29th, 2010, 02:13 AM
thanks very much, RSK

I hate to seem truly dense, but I assume you mean to add the program in question to the favorites folder? I have not been able to find any link/ menu option that allows me to create an icon in the first place.

adding to my "problem" at the moment is that the little machine in question is now all wrapped up as a birthday present ... hard to try the solution.... duhhh

thanks
tony

kerry_s
October 29th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I have installed UNR on a 10" eeePC; it comes with Win XP3 --everything seems to work fine. Along the left hand side of the desktop are a half dozen large "icons" but I have not been able to see how to place a normal icon for a single specific program on the desktop. Surely it must be possible but I have looked in every possible (obvious) place. thanks for your suggestions.
tony

netbook version 10.10 don't do that.
you can log out & select the normal desktop version in the session menu.

tonyt3
October 29th, 2010, 02:49 AM
>>you can log out & select the normal desktop version in the session menu.

Geeeez. When you know the answer, it is obvious. I've never used the UNR before putting it on this little machine .... arrggghhhh copious quantities of gratitude.

tony