PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome's Panel

moosehadley
October 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
The top panel on my desktop, on the right side, which has a Session Applet, the clock Applet, the Indicator Applet, and the Notification Applet.

Sometimes, when I boot, they are all distorted (See Image), and I have to manually delete the applet and add it again to fix it.
This seems to happen randomly on certain boots, and I'm not sure what causes it.
However, it only started doing this after I installed NVidia's drivers.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2655032/Ubuntu/broken.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2655032/Ubuntu/fixed.png

mcduck
October 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
This actually seems to be a bug in the Indicator-Applet, at least that's the one that causes the graphics problem and it always occurs in that applet and around it. And this happens pretty much regardless of your graphics card/drivers, at least I've seen it happening on all kinds of systems.

I doubt there's anything that can be done about it, apart from waiting for the applet's developers to sort it out. But to ease your pain, you don't need to remove the applets and add them back again, or log out or anything like that. Simply restarting the Gnome-panel works fine (to do that just hit Alt-F2 and run killall gnome-panel. It will restart automatically).

moosehadley
October 28th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Ok, thanks

Janghou
November 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Clock applet distorted here aswell in 10.10.
On several machines.

Isn't a bug only in the indicator applet

neel.d
November 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
This actually seems to be a bug in the Indicator-Applet, at least that's the one that causes the graphics problem and it always occurs in that applet and around it. And this happens pretty much regardless of your graphics card/drivers, at least I've seen it happening on all kinds of systems.

I doubt there's anything that can be done about it, apart from waiting for the applet's developers to sort it out. But to ease your pain, you don't need to remove the applets and add them back again, or log out or anything like that. Simply restarting the Gnome-panel works fine (to do that just hit Alt-F2 and run killall gnome-panel. It will restart automatically).

Works perfectly in 10.10 64 bit. Thanks a lot mcduck. I have been trying to find a solution for this for a long time :)