PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to Console in to a cell phone?

ScriptingPenguin
October 28th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Hello all,
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to be able to console in to a cell phone? I'm guessing it may be different from one cell phone to the next, but I want to console into my phone, and ftp, or tftp a copy of the OS onto my computer, and try to maybe use gedit or nano to look at the code, and play around with it.

I'd like to see where the e911 code is, and create some kind of script that would alert me whenever that gps feature that is available to the cellular providers and the government.

Think I'm paranoid??? Maybe....but Big Brother already has been given back door access to Cisco equipment for years! Check out the link if your unaware of 'Cisco's Lawful Intercept'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk799/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

And since Americans are required to have a cell phone that is GPS capable, I would like to know if that ever gets activated. Additionally, I would also like to write scripts that would alert me if my microphone is activated.

Maybe this is only possible on Droid phones since they are Unix based? Either way, you can readily buy usb cables to connect your phone to your pc to transfer pics, videos, etc. Maybe there is a way to run nmap on that cable connection to find a way to hack in?

Any Ideas or comments? I would like to make this a project, and continually post updates if I can get some direction on how to start, and if anyone is interested in posted progress.

ScriptingPenguin
October 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Does anybody have any ideas how to do this?

Unfortunately my LG phone doesn't have a full fledged OS, but there if there is some sort of architecture to the OS (which there must be), then there must be some sort of way to gain a terminal session with it.