PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] No version of Ubuntu will install on Asus 1005ha

greeslok
October 26th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Greetings all,

I decided recently to flush my net book and re-install everything. I have been trying to install Ubuntu Netbook remix Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu studio to my Asus 1005ha. I am using the alternate install CD's for each OS. The issue I'm having is that at around 65% the installer says "configuring console-steup" at which point my caps lock light flashes and the machine simply restarts. I can get Fedora to install no problem. The strangest part about this is I have successfully installed versions of Ubuntu to this machine in the past -- the most recent releases being the 9.10UNR and Ubuntu 10.04. When I tried to re-install one of those versions instead of 10.10, I got the same problem. I have not been able to find similar problems anywhere in these forums or outside of these forums, so I'm assuming at this point that I have some weird hardware issue that has decided now to present itself. In addition to this I should mention that I am attempting to install from an external CD drive. This has always been my practice as there seems to be some difficulties with different usb keys -- again I have had no issues up until now. I recently upgraded the BIOS by installing XP and using the Asus update application. If anybody else has experienced an issue like this I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks in advance.

movieman
October 26th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I installed 10.10 on my Asus 1005HAB last night; I'm not sure what difference the extra 'B' on the end makes!

However, I was using the UNE CD (using a USB DVD drive) rather than the alternate CD.

greeslok
October 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I installed 10.10 on my Asus 1005HAB last night; I'm not sure what difference the extra 'B' on the end makes!

However, I was using the UNE CD (using a USB DVD drive) rather than the alternate CD.

Thanks movieman, I need to do some checking up on what the differences are between the different revisions of the hardware. I have tried installing from the usb DVD drive using the Desktop install UNE cd as well. For me, this one hangs at the keyboard detection step.