PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] E17 virtual desktop switching

bowbalitic
October 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM
How can I disable the virtual desktop switching when my mouse gets close to the edge of the current desktop. I prefer to switch desktops by using the virtual desktop module in the shelf, but I would like to be able drag windows another desktop.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good guide or resource website for e17? I'm having trouble finding answers to my questions from the lack of guides provided for e17.

squaregoldfish
October 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
To disable edge flipping, open the Settings Panel, go to the Input tab, and select Edge Bindings. You can disable all the edge bindings there.

There aren't really any guides out there yet, as e17 is still pre-alpha software. Various options are listed on http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=support&l=en - but the #e IRC channel and the mailing lists are pretty good.

Steve.

bowbalitic
October 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks Steve, thats the second E17 question you have respoded to of mine. Thanks. I was wondering if you knew how developed the E17 WE is. Is it something that is simply slowly being developed or is it becoming kind of dead? As much as I love the look, speed, and customization of E17, I am running into quite a few bugs (could be Ubuntu related) that make it difficult to use on a work oriented computer. And if it's not going to be maintained, it may not be worth thespending time messing risks and annoyances.

With that said though, E17 is defiantly worth tinkering with either way.

So I found in Wikipedia that E17 just released a stable release only 21 days ago, so I'll assume that it is being maintained at least slowly.

squaregoldfish
October 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
The developers are currently pushing hard into getting the underlying libraries (evas, ecore and all their friends) to a release state. They went into beta a couple of weeks ago.

Once they're released, there will be a similar push to get e17 fully released. People have muttered something about a full release by the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Rest assured that development is happening though!

By the way, there hasn't been an official stable release. The developers occasionally produce snapshots of the source code to simplify installation, so that's probably what they meant.

Steve.

bowbalitic
October 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I appreciate all the help, and the complete answers for all my questions. I would consider good news for development speed. I'll try setting up e17 on a gentoo installation, maybe the added control and personalization (with the help of gentoo's handbook) will help me work out some of the bugs on my own. Again, thanks for the help. I will be marking this and the other thread as solved.

hellnest
October 27th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Any tutorial to install E17 on lucid? I want to try it :)

Oddvar
October 21st, 2011, 05:59 AM
To disable edge flipping, open the Settings Panel, go to the Input tab, and select Edge Bindings. You can disable all the edge bindings there.

There aren't really any guides out there yet, as e17 is still pre-alpha software. Various options are listed on http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=support&l=en - but the #e IRC channel and the mailing lists are pretty good.

Steve.

Have a look at bodhilinux.com for some useful E17 documentation.
http://www.bodhilinux.com/e17guide/e17guideEN/