PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installed Ubuntu 10.10 on HP Pavilion DM4, Internal Microphone not working

mandazi
October 26th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 and everything went smooth. I was originally using Ubuntu 10.04 version installed via Wubu and decided it was time to make a true install of Ubuntu and decided to use 10.10.

I installed Skype and tried to have a phone convo, but the Microphone wasn't working. I tried to use yfrog.com to record a video from my webcam and the video worked fine, but no audio. I also tried the pre-installed sound recorder to record my voice but that also failed.

I am still a newb and use Ubuntu primarly to do web dev.

mandazi
October 26th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Nevermind it was a silly issue. The microphone was muted in the sound settings.

patjennings
January 10th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Hi , I am considering purchasing this hp dm4 model, what are your thoughts and experiences so far, any major problems? did the install go smoothly, was it through the live cd? wireless work out of the box? I also heard some people have problems with the track pad. Thanks in advance.

taylorh140
January 19th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I just got a dm4-1265dx and it is a great ubuntu computer

webcam works out of box
built in mic works out of box but its muted
sleep works out of box
wireless works out of box

it works great + vbox with winxp can play netflix movies and full speed its great.

havent messed with fingerprint reader

the only problem is the touchpad. its kind of tricky
you might have to install dkms for multi touch and then it works great except for the fact that it makes it hard to drag and drop.