PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to help me with this?

PCZahra
October 26th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I have ideas for a series of Ubuntu ads that can be posted on youtube and then spread throughout the internet. They're all silent except for mouse clicks, keyboard taps, the occasional printer or whatever sounds are coming out of the computer, which then all fades away as the logo fades in to fill the screen and at the same time the startup sound takes over the audio. On the last second, "www.ubuntu.com" appears at the bottom.

open software centre
download an audio editor
start editing some music clips
logo w/ startup sound

open software centre
download gimp
do some 'shopping
drag the image past the cube edge...
... onto an OOo document of a cd cover
print
logo w/ startup sound

open PiTiVi
do some video editing
burn to disc
logo w/ startup sound

watch some YouTube
turn the workspace cube around while the video is still playing
send an email
logo w/ startup sound

change the default theme to look just like:
... a mac
... windows xp
... windows vista
... windows 7
... the old amiga
... something completely unique
logo w/ startup sound

search google for a clipart image
drag it past the cube edge...
... onto a spreadsheet
get back to work
logo w/ startup sound

show off some fancy visual effects
including those found in Mac and Windows
logo w/ startup sound

EVE Online
'nuff said
logo w/ startup sound

install Skype
start a voice chat with webcam
in under 30 seconds realtime
logo w/ startup sound

I'm not very good at much of this stuff (especially the "get back to work" one ;) ), but I can probably do the combining on my home computer if someone can send me the screen captures. I'd also like to avoid any particularly technical things, so the screencaps shouldn't include someone programming, fiddling with configuration, using the terminal, etc. I want to take what Apple and Microsoft are bragging about lately and say "Yea? Me too. But, y'know... better."

If anyone wants to give me a hand with this, or has any ideas for more, please drop me a line.

I'm not looking for narrations, music videos, or ten-minute documentaries on shaky camcorders, just short crisp teasers.
Different desktop resolutions/backgrounds would be nice, and they should all start with clean installs (or close to it).
If they can't be kept under 30 seconds, try not to make them too busy so they can be chopped down.
I might even chain a whole heap of them together to make an extended cut with credits.