PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia 9300M GS problem

gboers92
October 25th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forums and I jump of straight away with a problem. *sighs you can't make a better start can you :P*

I have been using ubuntu wel a long time now and I know my way around in linux but I recently updated my laptop from ubuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 10.10 all went fine until I had to restart my laptop. I got a purple screen (loading screen) with 4 dots and a oldskool like font which said : Ubuntu 10.10

Right after that the screen goes purple and its like the system halts I hear no login sound etc just a purple screen. So I did a clean install from the 10.10 live cd which booted perfectly fine and the system was also useable like before. But when I installed the system and rebooted it again no problems. But when I tried to install the proprietary nvidia driver (the recommended one) I got the same problem again the purple screen. After searching a while on the internet I only found posts which had the problem with ATI cards but my laptop is fitted with a Nvidia Geforce 9300 M card. So I tried several things like removing the xorg.conf (read it somewhere) which ofcourse did not work haha, and booting in graphics fail safe mode which worked.

So the point is in 10.04 and 9.10 I CAN use my video card drivers but not in 10.10 is there a solution to this problem?

I am talking about the 32 bit version of ubuntu and here's my system hardware profile:
Intel core 2 duo t7350 @ 2,0 ghz / 3mb l2 cache
2 GB DDR3 ram
160 gb hdd
Nvidia 9300m gs
Chipset: I dont know sorry
Model: Samsung R710

Thank you very much for reading

__mikael__
January 19th, 2011, 12:50 AM
I'm getting a similar problem and have been looking for hours and hours for a solution. I'm running a Sony VGN-Z56GG, which has the same card in it. Likewise I don't know what the chip set is. I even tried downloading the driver from Nvidia's site, but to no avail.

At least you point to a problem in 10.10, which is what I've installed. Now the question is is there a patch for 10.10 to fix this and how do we submit a bug?

zuechologist
February 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry to interrupt, but i've also a problem with ubuntu 10.10 and my graphics chip (nvidia 9300M) but a quiet different one. since i downloaded the newest nvidia driver yesterday, ubuntu semm to have some trouble correctly the color black in any programm. instead of a homogeneous black plane, it display the contents from lower levels (eg. right now i have just the browser open and the color of the font is the same as the desktop). is there a solution/workaround for his problem? or do i have to downgrad to the former driver version? thanks in advance

thanhluan12a14
October 12th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I've the same problem with U. Can someone help us.

My Laptop
Asus N80VB Core 2 Duo T6200 (not clearly) . 2x2.0Ghz
Graphics : Nvidia 9300M GS . 512M
Ram : 4Gb (true size . 3Gb)

My ubuntu is ubuntu 10.10 . I installed inside windows 7 Utinate. (by Wubi)

Plz help us

Thanks First !