PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shutdown Problem - Ubuntu 9.10

FaLL3N_G0D
October 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ok I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 this morning, so bare with me and my lack of knowledge. I have one problem that I cannot seem to fix. Every time I try to shut down my computer, it properly shuts down EXCEPT for the fact that the power button is still lit and the screen is black (still on, but black).

I am currently running Vista on my Toshiba Laptop. Vista is on my internal hard drive and I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my 250gb external hard drive. The installation works and is successful. However, I cannot seem to fix the shutdown. I have tried the following:

1. (In the terminal) sudo shutdown -h now -> did not work, same result as the GUI
2. Terminal sudo gedit /etc/init.d/halt and add rmmod snd-hda-intel -> didn’t work

3. Terminal sudo gedit /etc/default/grub in this line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" I added acpi=force
so the line should look like this GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=force" then save then do in terminal update-grub -> didn’t work

4. Terminal sudo gedit /etc/rc6.d/S40umountfs Moved the cursor to the line fstab-decode umount -f -r -d $WEAK_MTPTS and remove the -f form this line Now move the cursor to the second line and remove the -f from this line as well then SAVE the file and reboot. One last thing I left all these changes in affect -> didn’t work

5. Terminal sudo gedit /etc/default/grub I changed the line from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" to this GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="reboot=b" save it and reboot -> didn’t work

I have NO idea what to do. . .

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!