PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.10 Panels disappeared

something_clever
October 25th, 2010, 06:03 AM
So i just installed 10.10 on my HP Pavilion dv7 and when i started it up i realized that my clickpad had lost the right and middle click functions. a quick googling pointed out that newer HP laptops with clickpads had this problem with 10.10. i found a patch and simple how to here:

http://bigbrovar.aoizora.org/index.php/2010/10/10/how-to-enable-right-middle-click-on-clickpads-ubuntu-10-10/

and i installed it and rebooted, and lo and behold right and middle click work just fine, but it apparently came with a cost, that cost was my panels. when i restarted there were no panels one the top or bottom of my dektop. my background was there and the one folder i had saved to my desktop (which i used to get to open a file in firefox to get my web browser to open). i honestly have no idea how to fix this but its really making doing anything near impossible, please help

something_clever
October 25th, 2010, 07:27 AM
i tried running gnome-panel in terminal and it said it wasnt installed so i installed it and bam panels so i solved that problem but when i installed it for some reason the power/switch user icon was gone and its not something i can add in "add to panel" so does anyone know where i can reinstall that?