PDA

View Full Version : Some Dragonball fans here ? post here ;)

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hi,

Are you a fan of Dragon ball ?

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, I grew up on it. I like King Piccolo Jr. He is my favorite character.

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Did not Gohan had a red clothes ?

I am surprised cos I remember that he wont his red stick from a fight no?
Wasnt it in some epsiode?
Here the pic

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Thats Son Goku, he gets the power pole from his grandfather. (i think)

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Thats Son Goku, he gets the power pole from his grandfather. (i think)

But there was not episodes with Gohan only? With a red clothing, where he got the cloud flying from the very high tower, no ?

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I think you mean the episodes between the Raditz fight and when Vegeta and Nappa come, when Piccolo trains Gohan.

The original Dragonball is when Goku was a child.

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I think you mean the episodes between the Raditz fight and when Vegeta and Nappa come, when Piccolo trains Gohan.

The original Dragonball is when Goku was a child.

do you know which episode is it when this red son goku try to climb up to this big high tower into the clouds, then he ran on it. On the bottom of this tower, there was a big forest. Then he wont something on the top from the black guy. Which episode could it be?

The very first episodes of dragon ball, was it really that with blue clothes?

I though that it started with a goku with red clothing ...

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
You are looking for (The Second Season?) of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_anime

I am not sure of which episode.

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
You are looking for (The Second Season?) of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_anime

I am not sure of which episode.

Early Life

"Just an average power level... and I thought you were special."
— Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku - Bardock after reading his son's power level (FUNimation dub)
Goku as a baby being sent to Earth minutes before Frieza came to destroy Planet Vegeta.
BeadtmdcAdded by Beadtmdc
Gohan finds Goku alone in the forest.
BeadtmdcAdded by Beadtmdc

Kakarot (カカロット, Kakarotto) (renamed Goku on Earth) was born sometime in Age 737 on Planet Vegeta, during a time of great turmoil. [32] Following a Saiyan custom, Goku was sent as a baby to planet Earth, in order to defeat its inhabitants and clear the planet for its future sale.[33] As Earth's inhabitants were thought to be weak, a baby Saiyan was seen as enough for the task, specially after transforming into a Great Ape by Earth's moon. Goku's father, a low-class Saiyan warrior named Bardock, perished in his home planet's destruction, shortly after Goku's departure, and his older brother Raditz was nowhere to be seen.[34] It is unknown what happened to Goku's mother.[35]

After crash-landing on Earth, Goku became the adopted grandson of an old man named Gohan, who found him in the woods and gave him his human name. At first, Goku was extremely violent and ill-tempered, not obeying Gohan at all, but one day he fell down a deep ravine and hit his head, suffering severe head trauma that sent him into a coma and very nearly killed him. After he woke up, he had lost all of his Sayian aggression, becoming a kind and mild-mannered young boy.[36] His Grandpa Gohan taught him martial arts and told him about such things as the city and people, as they lived in a very remote place in Mount Paozu, with no communication with other people. Gohan one day discovered Goku's full moon transformation, and thus told him to never look at the full moon. However, one night Goku did, and he transformed into a Great Ape, causing him to unknowingly kill Gohan. After his grandpa's death, Goku stayed at his home, carrying out his daily life of survival. From a young age, Goku developed the impression that his birth parents abandoned him in the mountains as a baby, leaving him for Grandpa Gohan to discover.[37]
Dragon Ball
Quest for the Dragon Balls

Main article: Emperor Pilaf Saga

"Besides my grandpa you're the only human-being I've ever seen."
— Goku when he first met Bulma
Goku while first meeting Bulma
Slayer25769Added by Slayer25769

Goku is introduced in the Dragon Ball manga and anime at approximately 11

So I checked , it seems that there is no episodes of before, at his time with his grandpa gohan... I tought so... Is it possible that there is in english only the "Quest for dragon balls" and it exist some episodes for before this "quest for dragon balls" ?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku

I was sure that when I was a child goku was in red ... I never remember that he was blue ... but well ... who knows

http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/thesayianelite/information/clothing_goku.htm

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 08:10 PM
That picture might have been in GT (which I have never watched, far too out there from the normal story). Goku is turned back into a child by the dragonballs.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 24th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I knew some people that were VERY into Dragonball back in the day. As a result I watched a few episodes of some series--I don't remember which one. There was a green guy that appeared to be the bad guy and then later someone that looked like Kirby that was REALLY bad I guess.

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2010, 08:39 PM
To be honest, DBZ is good but a bit goofy after the first few seasons. The original show, Dragonball, which was made first is quite good. It is not all flashy explosions but more into martial arts. Classic hero adventure.

honeybear
October 24th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I knew some people that were VERY into Dragonball back in the day. As a result I watched a few episodes of some series--I don't remember which one. There was a green guy that appeared to be the bad guy and then later someone that looked like Kirby that was REALLY bad I guess.

piccolo was bad too at beginning, and afterwards he becames so so nice guy. Freezer, him, on other hand, he never changed :(

To be honest, DBZ is good but a bit goofy after the first few seasons. The original show, Dragonball, which was made first is quite good. It is not all flashy explosions but more into martial arts. Classic hero adventure.

I like the beginning, dragon ball (first season, no Z, no gt) , there isnt much fights, and it is very funny. There is lot of adventures along forest, natures, ... landscape and it is very beautiful... ah such adventures in natures, dame nature, so nice

JDShu
October 24th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Akira Toriyama is legend.

Heres an awesome collection of fanart by other famous mangaka:

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/images/artists/index.shtml