PDA

View Full Version : [other] Trying to get fbdesk to work on fluxbox

youngmit
October 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hey guys,

I am running Ubuntu 10.04. I have been using fluxbox for a loooong time, but just recently decided it would be cute to have some desktop icons and such. It looks like fbdesk is supposed to do exactly what i want. I installed the package, set up a rudimentary fbdesk.icons file and ran fbdesk from a terminal. It looks like it should be running just fine, but no icons! I also tried going w/o an icons file to get it to spit out the default icon, but also nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cabbrick1243
November 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Having the same issuse on 10.10 here.

rldsoftware
March 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Since nobody seems to reply to this one, and in maverick it still doesn't work... i decided to reply since there are offcourse more people looking for a solution.

i installed idesk, works like a charm, after searching for a solution to the fbdesk no icons problem for a couple of hours...

Not exactly a solution for this particular problem, but it gets the job done...

loudnlownoma
June 10th, 2011, 04:29 AM
i installed idesk, works like a charm, after searching for a solution to the fbdesk no icons problem for a couple of hours...

Any chance you know of any working links for getting started or configuring idesk? I believe this is the one I messed around with before, but keep finding dead links. It has been a while and kinda forgot how I got started with idesk and getting it setup. If it matters, using 10.10 and Openbox. Thanks!