PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu and Coffee

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
I was wondering what exactly the connection between Ubuntu and the coffee bean count in the forums...

NMFTM
October 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Computer nerds often stay up late or sleep odd hours, and coffee is sometimes a way they do that. The forum admins probably also figured that'd it be a less controversial move than using cocaine or meth.

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
XD Cocaine, and meth? Wouldn't the nerds too introverted to get out there and get em? :P

ve4cib
October 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
XD Cocaine, and meth? Wouldn't the nerds too introverted to get out there and get em? :P

Any geek with a well-stocked chemistry lab could make their own meth in theory.

Spice Weasel
October 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Mmm... Coffee... =P~

I'm sorry, was someone talking?

andymorton
October 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Computer nerds often stay up late or sleep odd hours, and coffee is sometimes a way they do that. The forum admins probably also figured that'd it be a less controversial move than using cocaine or meth.

:lolflag:

cpmman
October 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Good coffee percolates like a geek's mind.

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
A computer geek's lab?

NMFTM
October 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think you'd even need to be a geek to do so. The Internet is filled with howto guides complete with pictures and everything.

quinnten83
October 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think you'd even need to be a geek to do so. The Internet is filled with howto guides complete with pictures and everything.

LinkProofs or it didn't happen :)

NightwishFan
October 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Just an old thread and about fun. It means nothing. Though on an unrelated note I own the coffee/tea group on here. :)

Spice Weasel
October 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Just an old thread and about fun. It means nothing. Though on an unrelated note I own the coffee/tea group on here. :)

I joined yesterday. :)

NightwishFan
October 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
I joined yesterday. :)

Nice! :) Feel free to converse I hope it becomes active again, then I can have a few nice fellows mod it for me. I think it actually died out since I was absent nearly a year after I formed the group.

Khakilang
October 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
How about some tea please!

MooPi
October 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
I day without coffee is a F*&$#ng headache. If you know I've not had my coffee please
STAY BACK 500 FT Really I'm serious :-|

alexan
October 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I was wondering what exactly the connection between Ubuntu and the coffee bean count in the forums...

It's more about Ubuntuforums rather Canonica's Ubuntu by itself.
I do suppose its a recall for former Ubuntu version while the predominate color was brown.

While the wise Karmic Koala detoxify from it... ubuntuforum remained addicted to coffee.

I do prefer the Cappuccino anyway.
http://weloveicons.s3.amazonaws.com/icons/090612_cappuccino.png

Gremlinzzz
October 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
When sitting at your computer to long things get backed up. the beans help to get things moving again!

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
I day without coffee is a F*&$#ng headache. If you know I've not had my coffee please
STAY BACK 500 FT Really I'm serious :-|
Should we start a Starbucks delivery service?

mainerror
October 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
I do prefer the Cappuccino anyway.
http://weloveicons.s3.amazonaws.com/icons/090612_cappuccino.png

+1 me too.