PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Restricted Driver Manager??

six30two
October 23rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
So I blow away Win7 for Ubuntu.
Decide to try Kubuntu.
It's beautiful, it's as great as regular Ubuntu (but prettier).

But... Now I'm finding out it's missing a bunch of things I knew how to find on Ubuntu, and can't seem to find them in KDE.

Here's the thing. I've spent the last two hours googling this. I've looked on Kubuntu forums. I've looked all over here on these forums. I've looked on off-site forums.

I can't find anything they're talking about. Every single post is from 2004-2007, and all the info is outdated. KDE has been updated since then. Kubuntu has been updated. I can't find ANYTHING where it's "supposed" to be. Even my own ingenuity and monkeying around hasn't found what I need.

Here's my problem, in short:

On reboot, KDE doesn't save my resolution changes. Common problem. I tried changing xorg.conf, but it didn't work. I tried changing Xsetup, and it worked only halfway and it was clunky.

I want to try making sure restricted, closed-sourced drivers for my ATI card (eww, I know, ATI sucks) are installed, however I cannot find the damn Hardware Settings/Device Manager/Restricted Device Manager utility ANYwhere. I have no "advanced" tab in my system settings or anything.

So here's my problem.

Where IS the restricted driver manager, if there's any? Is there a GUI for managing closed-source (or really any/all drivers) on my system?

Previously, I've used several wrapper programs or the default driver manager that comes with Ubuntu to manage them through Ubuntu. But I'd really like to see this work with KDE.

Please help, I've been looking for EVER.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND OMG.

I'm blind. It's been a long day. It was the "Additional Drivers" thing... Hahaha. Problem solved.