PDA

View Full Version : abnormal beard growth from use of linux

owners4life5
October 23rd, 2010, 06:17 AM
sorry...had to say it. :)

phrostbyte
October 23rd, 2010, 06:18 AM
I have been able to reproduce this. One problem though: It's not a bug, it's a feature. :P

inobe
October 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
this is with any good thing, these things tend to occupy our time, i have been there and done that, i needed to start off with scissors and gradually remove growth with razor :lol:

i seem to have overcome this affect, my wife has needs and the bills need payed, hence the term business before pleasure, i still get the best of both worlds :)

earthpigg
October 23rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
what of it?

i call this my GNUeard.

(picture taken 2 min ago)

Dr. C
October 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Are you sure you do not mean from the use of GNU / Linux?:wink:

Old *ix Geek
October 23rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have been able to reproduce this.I can't. (No testosterone. :D)

toupeiro
October 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Better than a pre-30's comb-over from use of windows.

Dustin2128
October 23rd, 2010, 07:29 AM
well I did see a post requesting advice on which 'beard shaving machine' to buy, so...

matthew.ball
October 23rd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Terrible thread.

toupeiro
October 23rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Terrible thread.

... Says the linux user with a comb-over that can't grow a GNUeard?

(.. i kid..)

lisati
October 23rd, 2010, 07:32 AM
There are those of us whose significant others won't allow it.... :D

toupeiro
October 23rd, 2010, 07:42 AM

Mine thinks it tickles. :-D

inobe
October 23rd, 2010, 07:43 AM

that and the typical desktop junk hording, took me hours to separate the good cd/dvd's and determine what was garbage, she congratulated me with a hug and kiss, i did see some sarcasm from it all, this huge 30gal garbage can next to my desk :-?

lisati
October 23rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Mine thinks it tickles. :-D
That sounds familiar.

that and the typical desktop junk hording, took me hours to separate the good cd/dvd's and determine what was garbage, she congratulated me with a hug and kiss, i did see some sarcasm from it all, this huge 30gal garbage can next to my desk :-?

/me cringes: I have some work to do tidying up my computer table/desk and our home grown CD and DVD collection needs some organizing....

Dustin2128
October 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
/me cringes: I have some work to do tidying up my computer table/desk and our home grown CD and DVD collection needs some organizing....
yeah, I did a DVD roundup last month, that's when I decided to stop using optical discs wherever possible. Almost all of them were trashed, and I never got around to ripping them due to the newegg 42$ TB drive going out of stock.

prshah
October 23rd, 2010, 07:59 AM
our home grown CD and DVD collection needs some organizing....

Here's what I use:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/puddyspics/420cdcase/2010-04-30193049.jpg
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx7/puddyspics/420cdcase/2010-04-30193232.jpg

NO SPAM! NO SPAM! Just a pointer...
For the curious: Capacity 210x2 = 420 discs.

Dustin2128
October 23rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Here's what I use:

NO SPAM! NO SPAM! Just a pointer...
For the curious: Capacity 210x2 = 420 discs.

cool. We're causing slight threadjacking though methinks.

Elfy
October 23rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
better than the obligatory photo and what then follows eventually leading to a thread closure - so threadjack away :)

NCLI
October 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
+1

Even though it's such a bother to shave it... :(

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Damn, mine's been growing slower than the expansion of the universe, yet I even use Linux...

Khakilang
October 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
I think I have hair in my ear.

owners4life5
October 23rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Terrible thread.

you.re probably right. especially the fact i.m the one that started it..

Oxwivi
October 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
I hope US's Department of Defence doesn't classify us with Al Qaeda and Taliban... :O

perspectoff
October 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
I've heard of GnuBeard!

Apparently he runs a pirate software distribution network from an offshore island, even though he has offices in London.

He raids software concepts from the big software corporations, like the Redmond East India Software Company.

He was given the Order of the Empire, however, by the United Kingdom of Google and now is known as Sir GnuBeard.

In fact, his piratical crew embodies concepts of classicalists such as Locke, Hobbes, and Stallman, and some say that true democracy lives here moreso than in any other software distribution network.

While some of his crew gets inebriated singing his praises, and while there are frequent congregations of his followers in far-off ports, GnuBeard himself stands as the overseer of all his crews and makes sure they do not stray far from "the code."

mainerror
October 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
I've heard of GnuBeard!

Apparently he runs a pirate software distribution network from an offshore island, even though he has offices in London.

He raids software concepts from the big software corporations, like the Redmond East India Software Company.

He was given the Order of the Empire, however, by the United Kingdom of Google and now is known as Sir GnuBeard.

In fact, his piratical crew embodies concepts of classicalists such as Locke, Hobbes, and Stallman, and some say that true democracy lives here moreso than in any other software distribution network.

While some of his crew gets inebriated singing his praises, and while there are frequent congregations of his followers in far-off ports, GnuBeard himself stands as the overseer of all his crews and makes sure they do not stray far from "the code."

lol.

Schrute Farms
October 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
I think I have hair in my ear.

It's a feature with age.

Once, about 10 years ago, my wife was horrified when she found a stray hair growing from my earlobe, and had to pluck it. Now, she doesn't even bother. Way too much work. =D>

NCLI
October 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Damn, mine's been growing slower than the expansion of the universe, yet I even use Linux...
I certainly hope so O.o

The current rate of expansion is approximately 71 (km/sec)/Mpc, and increasing!

Dustin2128
October 24th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I certainly hope so O.o

my thoughts exactly....

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I certainly hope so O.o

That's some beard.

I don't really have a beard. I shave too often, but I am a little hairier than usual right now...

Ahava591
October 24th, 2010, 07:31 AM
My beard is currently in the awful stage. Approximately on par with my expertise with Linux.

Dustin2128
October 24th, 2010, 07:44 AM
That's some beard.

stallman's beard expands equal to the rate of the universe, but nobody else's.

mkendall
October 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Making you the insignificant other?

Naiki Muliaina
October 24th, 2010, 10:24 AM
William I wanted to post Mr. Blue's entire letter but there are apparently space constraints, so here is one portion of it:

"Therefore I put forth that the beard second can be derived with the following equation...

[(100-A) + (B*G)] - [(Cf+Cw)*J/F] *L=the beard second

Where ...

A =your age
B=number of biker friends you have
G= a number between 1 and 10 that describes your irrational desire to look like Che Guevara
Cf= a number between 1 and 10 that represents how conservative your family and friends are
Cw= a number between 1 and 10 that represents how conservative your work is
J=how much you want to advance in your job
F=how much you don't give a **** what you look like
L= your desire to get laid again

This is all assuming that L is never zero."

Mathematically and philosophically sound, as I'm sure you will all agree.

W.K.
over a year ago
Blake I think there needs to be some sort of constraint applied to variable L. My final result was -9.99 x 10 ^99
over a year ago

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=52785723716&topic=7601

ronnielsen1
October 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM
There are those of us whose significant others won't allow it...

and those of us whose significant others prefer a beard

Sand & Mercury
October 24th, 2010, 10:37 AM
This is a stereotype rooted in fact.

Thankfully, I have had a goatee both before, during and after using Linux. Though it flared up into including a moustache for a time, I never stooped to having a neck beard.