PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] finally installed 10.10 sucessfully on HP Envy ... problem with theme ...

zero7404
October 23rd, 2010, 02:51 AM
i have this recurring problem. my theme sets itself to something other than the original. i try picking a theme in appearance and some windows change, but the panels and menus don't.

i've tried deleting the .gnome folder in my home folder, and this corrected the problem (after restart), but it happens again after another restart ...

the installation found my ATI drivers and i installed them (via restricted drivers).

the video is Radeon 5800 series.

anyone know what is causing this ? i can live with the current theme, but rather have back the stock gnome that comes with 10.10 ...

zero7404
October 24th, 2010, 02:55 PM
has anyone else had this problem ? over a few restarts it seems gnome is confused, it alternates between the old style theme (from ubuntu 8.) and the new one (from the current 10).

i.e.: the panels become light-gray, and icons such as network connection look like vertical bars (2 spheres when connecting), as opposed to the waves that face upward in the new theme.