PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ruined my realtek driver-need restoring

m_zeid
October 22nd, 2010, 11:39 PM
Hi
I've faced many problems in getting my surround to work, I've tried many many many how-tows and threads with no result, until I so some post here in these forums, the poster says that it is a problem of driver.

So desperately me went to realtek website, download the driver, read the manual and ran "install", during that I saw many access denied errors, so I installed it again as root, then restart the computer and VIOLA!!

My card is detected no more:mad:, alsamixer crashes when entering sound card properties, and offcourse no slide bars, and pulse audio is not detecting the card either.

So how do I restore my driver and make it work again:confused: ??

m_zeid
October 23rd, 2010, 01:06 PM
no one to help ?
I've tried reinstalling alsa from terminal but it says that none of the files were installed nor upgraded and 14 file were not upgraded

m_zeid
October 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Is there any manager for drivers to use? so I can install uninstall or update drivers?

still waiting any help.. BTW till now I haven't had any help on these forums except for my first thread:confused:

any advice will be appreciated

m_zeid
October 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
hi again, if it is impossible to solve this problem can you please tell me that, so I can reinstall Ubuntu

this computer is very very very important to have sound. And I don't want to wast time so can you plz at least reply !! it's >70 views !!