PDA

View Full Version : First Time Ever...

Ioky
October 22nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
This is my first time ever done an upgrade in ubuntu. I grade to my 10.04 to 10.10.

The reason I am doing that is because I am switching to Fedora, yet Fedora 14 is about to release, and I want to just try out the newest ubuntu. So I did... After about 3 hours download and install. WHoA... ubuntu 10.10.

First things, I see is the newest wallpaper. and The span wallpaper setting is still not work on Daul Screen. But I guess I can accept it. Than the Second things The Internet connection doesn't work. All the Browser are going to OffLine Mode. well, can be solve... but for some reason, 8 of 10 boot internet seem not work. Aside of that, OpenOffice is not lanuch... est time in update manager disappear. And I can't open any Flash Drive...

I don't hate Ubuntu nor a Super Lover... But This Update seem Totally Fail. I usually just do fresh installation, so I never have too much experience with upgrade. But base on what I have this time. it seem too much problems...

So Long Ubuntu.

This is not a complain, I just want to share this funny experience with you guy.

Swagman
October 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM
I did an upgrade to 10:04 too and it works great except a weird layout bug in evolution

kaldor
October 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I still don't understand why the upgrade is advertised to everyone in the update manager. Leave it out altogether or for server only if you ask me.

NightwishFan
October 22nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
I wonder what he did to break it. The only bug I had in upgrading is the Lucid wallpaper is still shown on GDM. I have upgraded quite a few times and never noticed issues.

News flash, try upgrading Fedora... ;)