PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AWN grouping chromium shortcuts under chromium

pedrolll
October 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi!

I made a shortcut with chromium browser to listen.grooveshark.com. This is great as it's almost like the grooveshark VIP desktop application like this. However AWN dock groups it with other chromium windows like this:

Is it possible to force AWN to group this specific chromium window under the Grooveshark launcher that I have in the dock? Turning off grouping does not solve this either, as it just shows grooveshark as another chromium window.

kerry_s
October 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
i don't think so since it is still chromium.

pedrolll
October 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
i don't think so since it is still chromium.

Man... Here I thought I had beat the system...

How about other docks like docky/cairo dock/etc. Do they offer more options or is it the same with them? When I think about it, it would seem pretty easy to make some sort of exception for these chromium web application shortcuts. Or you could define that if a certain window title has the word Grooveshark in it, it gets grouped with that Grooveshark launcher.

Ah, well, I'm rambling. Perhaps I just have to be satisfied with what I have now.

kerry_s
October 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
all the docks pretty much work the same way, they go off the window identifier.

i think awn is the best dock, i'm using it instead of gnome panel.

fabounet
October 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
with GLX-Dock you could prevent this launcher from grouping with the taskbar.
or you could also use the nifty Stack applet.

kerry_s
October 22nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
with GLX-Dock you could prevent this launcher from grouping with the taskbar.
or you could also use the nifty Stack applet.

awn can do that to. but:

Is it possible to force AWN to group this specific chromium window under the Grooveshark launcher that I have in the dock? Turning off grouping does not solve this either, as it just shows grooveshark as another chromium window.

pedrolll
November 10th, 2010, 10:28 PM
awn can do that to. but:

Yes in AWN settings you can prevent ALL windows from grouping but the result is this:

As you can see it just creates two separate chromium windows, and the Grooveshark window won't get filed under the Grooveshark launcher that I've created.

So maybe I'm missing something here but to me it seems that in AWN there's no way to separate chromium shortcuts from normal chromium windows. :confused: