PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] nvidia - set tv-out after initial install for nvidia

s3ntinel76
October 22nd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Hi,

I've installed mythbuntu 10.10RC a few times now. On earlier attempts, I chose to enable tv-out to s-video with PAL-I (for UK); but during the following boots, VGA would be disabled (which I wasn't yet ready for).

So this time, I chose to not enable the tv-out s-video. I've now moved the box to the living room, and connected the s-video, and it does display correctly on boot, but once in the xcfe desktop the screen glitches/flashes/wobbles every second or so (which didn't occur on previous installation when tv-out/s-video/PAL-I selected on install screens).

I'm using a GeForce 8400GS with restricted driver, and NVidia X Server Settings reports:

1024x768, 100x100pixel resolution, 24bit depth

Display Configuratin lists Model as TV-0 on GPU-0, Configuration: Separate X screen, Resolution: Auto, (Advanced) Mode Name: nvidia-auto-select, Panning: 1024x769.

I've chosen PAL-I within the MythTV Backed Setup, but I feel that this is likely to be an nvidia/graphics problem, not mythtv.

Any ideas? Many Thanks.