PDA

View Full Version : Annoy microsoft

rabidphage
April 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM
They'll be logging the visits to microsoft.com Visit the site from ur ubuntu machine and try to download stuff and just do creative things to subvert their databases.
Do only the legal stuff.
Peaceful and perfectly legal way to protest.
Jostle them from their contented slumber.....
Creative ideas will be highly appreciated.....:-D

zubrug
April 14th, 2006, 06:55 PM
gee, I would think that they already have enough problems to deal with!

taurus
April 14th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Sorry but I have better things to do with my time... :rolleyes:

rabidphage
April 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Sorry but I have better things to do with my time... :rolleyes:
gurus and geeks stay out of this ;)

krismatth3
April 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM
ANNOY THEM? Gah, they've been annoying the crap out of me lately.

I've had to re-activate my MCE computer 4 times in the past week. You know, call in, read a 42 digit number to a guy who doesn't speak english and then try to type in the 42 digit number he gives you.

It's kind of funny: that is the ONLY legitimate version of windows I've _ever_ used. The rest were pirated. Sooo, the moral of the story: if you pay for windows, you will be annoyed - just pirate a corporate version and you won't have so many problems.

*grumble* It's like the ****** game companys putting copy protection on the cds - the _ONLY_ people it annoys are the ones who actually purchased it. The people who pirate it aren't even slowed down.

zubrug
April 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
ANNOY THEM? Gah, they've been annoying the crap out of me lately.

I've had to re-activate my MCE computer 4 times in the past week. You know, call in, read a 42 digit number to a guy who doesn't speak english and then try to type in the 42 digit number he gives you.

It's kind of funny: that is the ONLY legitimate version of windows I've _ever_ used. The rest were pirated. Sooo, the moral of the story: if you pay for windows, you will be annoyed - just pirate a corporate version and you won't have so many problems.

*grumble* It's like the ****** game companys putting copy protection on the cds - the _ONLY_ people it annoys are the ones who actually purchased it. The people who pirate it aren't even slowed down.

you reminded me of MS issues that I had forgotten about, been there.

ncappel1
April 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM

that's the reason why I chose to go 100% ubuntu. I used to have a dual boot, but then one day my windows started telling me that because my hardware configuration changed so much (in the 7 years the computer has been around) it was doubting wether the computer was the original or if I had a pirated copy on a foreign computer, it's almost as if changing some of my hardware is a crime! I had to call and "reactivate" my copy of windows, I didn't even have the courtesy to talk to a human being, I had to speak to some robot that didn't understand my reading of the numbers unless I spoke in slow motion (oooone, twoooo, thhhhreeeeee, fffffffouuuuurrrrr) That's when I just decided to ditch windows for good. I have not regretted it yet! (and don't plan to anytime soon)

az
April 14th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I return hardware that I bought if it is not supported by linux. When someone wants to sell me something for my computer, I ask if it works in linux. I email web sites which refuse to work in linux.

If a business obliges me to use proprietary software to use their product or service, I tell them why I refuse to do business with them and find another business that can offer the same thing without having to use propreitary software.

rabidphage
April 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM
They never could annoy me back home. Coz in india piracy is a birth right. Around 70% of population under the study uses pirated windows. Microsoft tuns a blind eye. The usual lock up tactic. I've never used legit windows untill I came to the UK as a student and got my first laptop that came with XP preinstalled. When they started showing signs of scratching my nerves ( i love opera and it is intentionally made to render badly in msn, their crappy activex updates, and that genuine disadvantage) it just made me want to learn linux more than ever. I spent weeks getting ubuntu working on a laptop "designed for M$%£^£& XP". Ironically the hog that i spent money on is sleeping in a dark corner of my harddrive.
I agree microsoft is out to annoy legit users with their stupid restrictions. It's almost as if they want linux to prosper.
Would you rather keep a product that ripped you off or a free alternative one that is ages ahead of the former??????
Visiting their website is a peaceful way of showing them the finger....
I'm inviting people with the same frequency to share ideas...
sorry for my crappy english

r4ik
April 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I wish them all the best and certainly would not go annoy them.
I rather like to thank them for doing such a good job.
They made me go Linux.
Best thing in OS that ever happened to me.

kingmonkey
April 14th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Why would I want to annoy microsoft?
What have they done to me?
What does annoying microsoft have to do with ubuntu?

negatory
April 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I think we're superior to that...Microsoft hasn't done anything bad to me...I'm using 100% linux for about 2 years and that's not a bad thing at all!
Linux equals choices...and I like to choose.
Linux equals reliability and stability...and I like to know that my computer is running like a clock.

ncappel1
April 15th, 2006, 02:44 AM
...and I like to know that my computer is running like a clock.

and not like a ROCK!

(sorry, I can never turn away from a cheesy rhyme.) :)

negatory
April 15th, 2006, 09:17 AM
and not like a ROCK!
And such a nice one too (and appropriate)! :mrgreen:

bjweeks
April 15th, 2006, 09:45 AM
WOW by reading this thread I am now stupider.

KiwiNZ
April 15th, 2006, 10:34 AM
ummm no

Stormy Eyes
April 15th, 2006, 12:28 PM
They'll be logging the visits to microsoft.com Visit the site from ur ubuntu machine and try to download stuff and just do creative things to subvert their databases.
Do only the legal stuff.
Peaceful and perfectly legal way to protest.
Jostle them from their contented slumber.....
Creative ideas will be highly appreciated.....:-D

Get a life.