PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Tooltip delay

seeyouza
October 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hey guys

Bizarre problem - since upgrading to Maverick, my tooltips are taking an annoyingly long time to appear when hovering over something. It seems to be generalised thing - either hovering over links in a browser or buttons in an app - there is an extra long delay (couple of long seconds) before anything comes up - and it's driving me batty.

Is there somewhere to set this delay and make it shorter?

whalogreg
December 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'd like to know if you've found a solution for this. I have a similar problem. My tooltips take anywhere up to a minute to display, and sometimes not at all. I did how noticed that if my cursor remains still for a moment and then I move it again, the tooltip displays as soon as the cursor moves. If I turn off compiz the problem is resolved, although I have not been able to determine if it is a specific plugin, I have disabled them one by one and have gotten no results from doing so.

seeyouza
December 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Nope, never did. You're the first person I've encountered with a similar problem, so I'm not any nearer to solving the problem, or even locating the source.

hskhakh
December 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I get tooltip delay only on drawer items... any ideas how to customize tooltip for a single component (like drawer)..?
thanks,

Pollox
January 6th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I did how noticed that if my cursor remains still for a moment and then I move it again, the tooltip displays as soon as the cursor moves. If I turn off compiz the problem is resolved, although I have not been able to determine if it is a specific plugin, I have disabled them one by one and have gotten no results from doing so.

I am having this exact same problem with tooltips, although I noticed no improvement when switching from compiz to metacity, so I'm not convinced that's where the problem lies.