October 21st, 2010, 10:06 AM
I know I'm sad, but it seems to be everywhere else just now !!! :P

Giant Speck
October 21st, 2010, 10:07 AM
I don't understand.

Canis familiaris
October 21st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Sad? No way.
Mods just forgive me for overusage of "HAHA" and lol smilie...

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

I don't understand.
It's about a certain football (soccer in american english) player who is currently in the news that he is leaving a certain Manchester United team whose fans actually considered him one of their own. The whole bunch of Man Utd. fans are collectively are on a meltdown XD
As a Liverpool fan I am loving this. :D

Johnsie
October 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM
He's out of form and immoral. Doesn't even sing the national anthem. He will probably get another job elsewhere but he's never going to be able to stick anything out if he has that spoilt-child attitude.

gibbylinks
October 21st, 2010, 10:14 AM
Sad? No way.
Mods just give me a slight break on going a bit easy so that I can say:

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

It's about a certain football (soccer in american english) player who is currently in the news that he is leaving a certain Manchester United team whose fans actually considered him one of their own. The whole bunch of Man Utd. fans are collectively are on a meltdown XD
As a Liverpool fan I am loving this. :D

I put in a bid on E-bay for a Mickey Mouse outfit.......then realised it was LFC hahahahaha

leg
October 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
Completely up himself I think. It is not even as if he ever seems to do anything particularly useful anymore is it.

KiwiNZ
October 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
So this is just about a club soccer player :confused:

Canis familiaris
October 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
He's out of form and immoral. Doesn't even sing the national anthem. He will probably get another job elsewhere but he's never going to be able to stick anything out if he has that spoilt-child attitude.
Or maybe, just maybe he thinks that Manchester Utd. don't have a bright future and less chances of trophies while the Glazers are financially exploiting their club?

nothingspecial
October 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
So this is just about a club soccer player :confused:

Yep, one of the most talented and famous ones in the world. But yes it`s a thread about a football (soccer) player.

TNT1
October 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
Chelsea FTW!

nothingspecial
October 21st, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think I`ll unsubscibe from this thread because it`s going to get silly :rolleyes:

Oxwivi
October 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM
I've been wondering for a long while now, but what's the big deal with Rooney?

TNT1
October 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yep, one of the most talented and famous ones in the world. But yes it`s a thread about a football (soccer) player.

Who earns more than £90,000 per week...

Johnsie
October 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM
Or maybe, just maybe he thinks that Manchester Utd. don't have a bright future and less chances of trophies while the Glazers are financially exploiting their club?

Either way I think Rooney is only proving to the world that he has no loyalties, not to his wife, his country, his 'own fans' or his clubs. He really is an ogre.

Canis familiaris
October 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
Either way I think Rooney is only proving to the world that he has no loyalties, not to his wife, his country, his 'own fans' or his clubs.
Wasn't that proven before? Everton was HIS club. By leaving Everton, and kissing Man United badge after scoring versus Everton proved in itself how much 'loyal' he was and how much he considered for his fans.
The fact is that he went to Man United for money and glory. So why expect it to be ANY different now?

Johnsie
October 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
That's why I said 'clubs'. Even if he does get into a Chelsea or a Man City he's going to have to fight for his place on the team and in his current form most mangers would want to do a pretty thorough medical before taking him on.

Grenage
October 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
I love it when folks base judgement on media coverage; go you!

P.S: I find it amusing that people actually care.

andymorton
October 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
The only thing I've got to say about it is that if Rooney leaves Alex Ferguson should keep away from Fernando Torres. There are rumours that United might want to buy him but Liverpool need him to stay!!!!!!

Canis familiaris
October 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
The only thing I've got to say about it is that if Rooney leaves Alex Ferguson should keep away from Fernando Torres. There are rumours that United might want to buy him but Liverpool need him to stay!!!!!!
Those rumours are just works by media to gather attention. No way Torres would join Man United considering the hatred and rivalry between the two clubs. Secondly Liverpool are no longer in a pitiable financial state as 1 week ago to have any need to sell him and thirdly Man United can't afford to sign him, considering their current financial state.

Oxwivi
October 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
p.s: I find it amusing that people actually care.
+1

Dixon Bainbridge
October 21st, 2010, 11:52 AM
Either way I think Rooney is only proving to the world that he has no loyalties, not to his wife, his country, his 'own fans' or his clubs. He really is an ogre.

It always makes me laugh when people are appalled that a football player shows no loyalty to a club. Seriously, this surprises people?

Clubs and players have no loyalty to anyone or each other. A club will use a player and a player will use a club. The only loyal people in the whole football dynamic are the fans. Everyone else is in it for the money; the agents, the owners, the managers, the players and the sponsors.

Then there are those that describe players as being mercenary and greedy... wtf?? In any other profession moving to a new employer for more money is seen as a sensible thing to do, yet in football, its seen as a betrayal by a mercenary! What person in their right mind wouldnt move employer for more money?? I would.

I'm no fan of Wayne Rooney, I think he's been spoilt and hyped beyond belief, but then, who's falult is that? This story has generated a disproportionate amount of news and hype. Its a nothing story.

ukripper
October 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
I am glad he is going as it doesn't matter my pay check. They are paid for what they ain't worth!

julio_cortez
October 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Chelsea FTW!BURN THE HERETIIIIIIC!!
By the way, though supporting Arsenal in EPL I'm still bound to Carletto, which has been at my favourite club (AC Milan) for 7 years before leaving in 2009..
But I still root for Arsenal in the EPL.

He really is an ogre.Yes, definitely.
http://blog.petegraham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/shrek_rooney.jpg

Clubs and players have no loyalty to anyone or each other.Not 100% true. People like Javier Zanetti still exist. HE is the living proof that loyalty still means something, for someone.

gibbylinks
October 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Not 100% true. People like Javier Zanetti still exist. HE is the living proof that loyalty still means something, for someone.

Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville !!

HEY I'm astounded how this thread picked up , just from a throw away comment.

Cheers follks you've made my day.

UBUNTU Rules !! :P

cpmman
October 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Football is not a matter of life and death - it is far more important than that! Bill Shankly

For some people.

Legeril
October 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
I agree with the non-story comment, as a Manchester Utd. supporter I say let him go. Rooney hasn't scored a goal for Utd. since MARCH and it's obvious his ego has gotten too big for him too handle. Is Rooney worth the 1m a month City will pay for him? Obviously not.

Fergie has a track record of picking bright upcoming stars, look to the future.

Canis familiaris
October 21st, 2010, 01:18 PM
Is Rooney worth the 1m a month City will pay for him? Obviously not.

No player in the world is worth £1M a month. On the other hand no player is worth £80M in transfer fees.
It's sad football is so much about money now. :|

TNT1
October 22nd, 2010, 05:15 AM
football (soccer) player.

To clarify:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1974/59/83/1527820353/n1527820353_145077_6995.jpg

JDShu
October 22nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
It always makes me laugh when people are appalled that a football player shows no loyalty to a club. Seriously, this surprises people?

Clubs and players have no loyalty to anyone or each other. A club will use a player and a player will use a club. The only loyal people in the whole football dynamic are the fans. Everyone else is in it for the money; the agents, the owners, the managers, the players and the sponsors.

Then there are those that describe players as being mercenary and greedy... wtf?? In any other profession moving to a new employer for more money is seen as a sensible thing to do, yet in football, its seen as a betrayal by a mercenary! What person in their right mind wouldnt move employer for more money?? I would.

I'm no fan of Wayne Rooney, I think he's been spoilt and hyped beyond belief, but then, who's falult is that? This story has generated a disproportionate amount of news and hype. Its a nothing story.

I agree 99%

Where I disagree is that I don't consider sports stars spoiled. They're the ones playing the game, the only people who matter in the sports industry (quote shamelessly stolen from George Carlin).

JDShu
October 22nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
To clarify:

Did you know that the term "soccer" originated in England? And that it was used to differentiate it from Rugby Football? ;)

TNT1
October 22nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
Did you know that the term "soccer" originated in England? And that it was used to differentiate it from Rugby Football? ;)

I did. I also like poking fun at silly yank sports, like handegg, and driving in circles for 500miles...

KiwiNZ
October 22nd, 2010, 05:55 AM

Rugby ...... A real sport ;)

Cuddles McKitten
October 22nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
I did. I also like poking fun at silly yank sports, like handegg, and driving in circles for 500miles...

Yes, but you have the silliest game ever: cricket. I believe that's game, set, AND match.

Also, was anyone else expecting this to be a thread about how poor Andy Rooney's segments have gotten over the last decade or so?

KiwiNZ
October 22nd, 2010, 06:07 AM

I thought that about the US Stock Cars until I took one for a few laps . They are insanely hard to drive and keep on line. Those drivers work very hard , its is not easy. I have also driven a V8 Super car on a normal track and the Stock Cars are just as hard .

JDShu
October 22nd, 2010, 06:13 AM
Rugby ...... A real sport ;)

I actually really enjoy Rugby when its on :D I wish it would become more popular here in the US.

TNT1
October 22nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Yes, but you have the silliest game ever: cricket. I believe that's game, set, AND match.

Also, was anyone else expecting this to be a thread about how poor Andy Rooney's segments have gotten over the last decade or so?

No, we have rugby... And we don't wear padding and helmets...

A_T
October 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM

Hardly. Gridiron and baseball are even sillier.

szymon_g
October 22nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
wow, seriously someone gives a s***e about all that football player?
get a life

gibbylinks
October 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Wahey

Rooney has agreed a new 5 year contract for UNITED !!

Canis familiaris
October 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
This is funny :lol:
Wish I could post those Manc banners which were shown for Wooney against Bursaspor. :lol:

realzippy
October 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Rooney?

...the guy who never scores when there is something to win?
,,,if he was clever (he is,is he?),he would leave,Manu's
golden years are over.