PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird + Lightning + Google + Lucid = No Calendar

klausner
October 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I have TBird 3.1, Lightning 1.02b, Provider for Google Calendar 0.71 installed on lucid. Mail works fine. I entered the XML for the gcal location, but I see no calendar events.

Tried deleting and re-creating the entry. No change.

Why doesn't the data from the Google calendar load? Clicking on Reload Remote Calendars has no effect.

astrobob.tk
January 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
I have TBird 3.1, Lightning 1.02b, Provider for Google Calendar 0.71 installed on lucid. Mail works fine. I entered the XML for the gcal location, but I see no calendar events.

Tried deleting and re-creating the entry. No change.

Why doesn't the data from the Google calendar load? Clicking on Reload Remote Calendars has no effect.

Are you using the public or private xml ?
try the private one as it gives read/write access.

hope this helps

gaellafond
August 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Same problem here.

I'm using the right XML, I can see all events when I visit the URL using Firefox. Some events are missing in Thunderbird (the last one to be exact). When I reload the calendar using "Right click on the calendar" > "Reload remote calendars", nothing append. Even restarting Thunderbird itself do not help.

I'm using Ubuntu Maverick

gaellafond
August 25th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I think I have an explanation.

The only event that do not show up in my calendar has the following entry in the XML file:
Replaces event originally scheduled for: ...

This is the only event with this entry. I think Thunderbird do not handle rescheduling very well. I fixed my problem by accepting the event and making a duplication of it using the Web interface on the Calendar in GMail.