PDA

View Full Version : Customizing menus in Gnome

yanes
October 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

I coded an application that manipulates images file in Python
but I want to add some commands in the right click menu of some file types (JPG,PNG,BMP,and GIF )
I don't know how to do that manually , Did any one knows where Gnome stores these settings ?

modifying these settings , requires any super user rights ?

Thanks in advance

Zymus
October 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

I coded an application that manipulates images file in Python
but I want to add some commands in the right click menu of some file types (JPG,PNG,BMP,and GIF )
I don't know how to do that manually , Did any one knows where Gnome stores these settings ?

modifying these settings , requires any super user rights ?

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by 'right click menu of some file types'? Is your application a GUI front-end? Do you want the context menu to be on the picture itself? What's the purpose of the context menu?

yanes
October 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM
thanks for reply :) friend

I want to customize the menu that appears when u click right on the file icon
this menu is a of course a Gnome menu
for example VLC player adds a command " Add to VLC playlist " on context menu for multimedia files

I hope idea is clear now :)

Zymus
October 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Oh okay, which DE are you using? KDE, GNOME, XFCE?

yanes
October 21st, 2010, 12:17 PM
Oh okay, which DE are you using? KDE, GNOME, XFCE?

Gnome , friend
And IF there's some way to proceed on KDE , that 'ill be useful also , But i need these settings for Gnome first

jerrrys
October 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM
i have never did this, but may find an answer here

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?cx=006238239194895611142%3Au-ocqbntw_o&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=add+to+context+menu&as_qdr=all&sa=Google+Search&lang=en#1044

and on a side note, i like having image manipulation of sorts in the context menu and use this
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/nautilus-image-converter

MarkieB
October 21st, 2010, 02:38 PM
no longer participating in ubuntuforums.org

parveen deswal
October 22nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
hello,

i am to work on SENSE Simulator, for this i have installed Cygwin and GnuWin32 and these two are working. I have download Sense and decompresed files and got sense-3.0.3
now i have to build the simulator.But i am not getting the steps how to build. Plz help me
your reply would be apreciated.
Thanks.