PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Please Help - Networking Router & VOIP - Need Solution

luckylucky
October 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Someone please help. I've googled on this extensively, and see that many people seem to be experiencing the same problem, however I don't see the solutions. This isn't particularly Ubuntu related, however I am a huge ubuntu user and hope that someone in our community will help answer this question once & for all, so that hopefully it will also get indexed by search engines so that people can find the solutions too.

The problem:

1) The Voip box works
2) The wireless router box works
3) The don't work together (series)

Either plugged to the internet modem directly functions properly. However only one thing can be plugged into the modem, thus one must get plugged into the other (in series). The voip box has a built in router with a one port out which can have the router box plugged in behind. Alternatively the voip box can get plugged in behind the router box. Neither of these two options works.

Can anyone figure this one out?

Again, this is not ubuntu specific, however it is a very common problem people are experiencing, and hopefully they'll find these ubuntu forums from searches on the problem, and maybe will "discover" ubuntu this way.

luckylucky
October 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Oh well... I guess this will be yet another forum thread on the subject that will be indexed by search engines without providing a solution on the matter. Sorry world to have added to that kind of clutter. :(

PRC09
October 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
You may have to use one as the router and the other as an access point.If you try and run a router plugged in to another router it wont work without configuring one or the other.I am sure if you google that scenario you should be able to find a solution.....Maybe people dont use your set-up thus no solutions......