PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 shutdowns or hibernates when i disconnect my monitor

sinaen
October 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I recently took to get my server up and running again and decided that i wanted to have an operating system with an gdm and to login via vnc or ssh, due to stream media to my ps3 via PMS (Ps3 Media Server)

Anyways. first problems first
When i start my server/computer and (i must say must log in on gdm/xdm) and then disconnects my monitor, the actual hardware because its also my tv and is to be in another room. The computer shuts down/hibernates.

so what am i to do when i want to have my ubuntu server run a gdm manager and stand in a closet and just buzz away some Ac/Dc. :guitar: should i reinstall my server with ubuntu server edition, or is there a way to work around that it shuts down? i cannot be alone to have my problem?

The server is to be a printer server/torrent server(web interface)/ps3 media server..

if you can help me with my problem id be most happy, i can even throw in a lunch into the price to the one who helps me to success.. :D

And im sincerely beginnig to get mad on linux when i finally decided to let windows go and install it on my lappy to....

sinaen
October 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM
No help at all?

Edit:
Ok im a bit impatient so im preparing a usb stick right now with the ubuntu server distrubution, im still after answers as why the computer shuts down and so on..

sinaen
October 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Installed server and now runs ssh-server without a screen attatched to the computer,

I named the server Antagonist for now, i did not like the trouble i had with it...

now to the issues i want to run on it.

im doing searches right now how to make it the easiest way and to avoid installing x11/x86