PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing the Maverick Meerkat over Lucid Lynx

Segofam
October 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Is it possible to install the Maverick Meerkat over Lucid Lynx without losing third party programs and Document data on my Laptop?

sincerely,

Scott

4n1ndy4
October 20th, 2010, 12:08 PM
have any one Tried

JOHNNYG713
October 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
You can upgrade lucid to maverick via update manager, be sure you back up all important data, such as your home folder, I have had no issues in doing so, this does not mean you wont ! as with any update or upgrades you run the risk of something failing, But we hope for the best! good luck!

Segofam
October 21st, 2010, 09:29 AM
You can upgrade lucid to maverick via update manager, be sure you back up all important data...

Thanks JOHNNYG713!
I will give that ago, I was not aware that you could upgrade to the newer version i.e. Maverick Meercat fro Lucid Lynx, but I will certainly give that ago now.

Scott

Back again...

Nope, that didn't work. I made sure that the software sources was set to normal release, then went and did a check in the update manager, it did download a heap of stuff for half an hour or so, but after rebooting, I still have Lucid Lynx.

I can get a cd of Maverick Meercat and load it that way, I was just hoping I could upgrade with an update so as not to lose extra programs and data!

So if anyone knows a way of doing it, let me know :)

Regards,

Scott