PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch Support?

asddf
October 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm thinking of buying one, and I need to know what's the support like in Ubuntu? am I going to be able to add and remove media to it? Are there any issues I need to be aware of?

andymorton
October 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
So far I've only been able to add songs. For some reason I can't delete them. I've also been trying to get all the music I've got on my ipod onto my computer, so far without any luck. Neither can I add videos.

This link will give you more info

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone

andy:)

scouser73
October 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
iPod Touch works well under Ubuntu using either Rhythmbox or Banshee music players. You can both add and remove songs for the device, I believe that if you want to add videos then the user has to SSH into the device (although I am uncertain as to how).

When you buy the device you first need to initialise it using Windows & iTunes, then remove the iPod and attach it to your Ubuntu PC, upon connection it will be recognised.

Cobracommand0
October 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Adding and removing music to my 2nd gen touch works well enough through Rhythmbox for me. However, I still use a mac to add videos/backup/etc...

macem29
October 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I can see the media folders on my 3G touch with OS 4.1...music can be added with rhythmbox....
a few threads on here about this and looks like there may be a problem with the new 4G touches
not mounting at all, yet

edit: I still have itunes running on an XP box and feel I need it to manage the various content
formats available

sudoer541
October 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Works well here!!!

tru2lyf
October 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
just bought an ipod touch 4th gen and ive searched the forums a lot and tried every trick ive come across to make it work...all it ever does is shows up on the desktop as a camera icon and ask me to open w/ f spot...i have told it to open with rhytmbox but it never shows my ipod...what else can i do??? tried on 10.04 desktop and netbook editions...thanks