PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade Broke Everything

violetvagabond
October 20th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I have (had?) a version 10 of ubuntu which was upgraded from 9. After I did that upgrade I experienced more stability with flash but lost my ability to run any kind of Second Life application. (I'm not sure if this problem is related but I think it had to do with the newer version not liking my video card anymore.)

Today I clicked the automatic upgrade again and it seemed to have some kind of problem in relation to "chrome". If it means the browser I did not ever install it. But everything seemed OK until I restarted the computer.

I have both Windows and Ubuntu on the same computer, so I have to pick which system I want to use when the computer starts up. When I choose the Ubuntu option it does not go to the next screen where you choose which version, instead it loops back to the main Windows/Ubuntu option.

So now I can't get into Ubuntu at all and I am really worried about my files. D8!!!!

If its not too much trouble can someone help me figure out what I need to do from here? I am definitely a beginner Ubuntu user! Do I have to reinstall Ubuntu somehow? Can I get to my files through windows?